Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ford Mustang v6 Yellow Blaze Met Tricoat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all.....

We have a 2011 v6 Stang .....in Blaze yellow. Pretty base model, though we opted for the limited-slip, 3.31 gear option in the back, 6 speed auto......we love it.

We had a really hard time finding one when new, and we went out of state to ge this one.

Seems like that color was not officially offered until 2012 (at least on v6 cars).

Is this true? Where can we find the numbers breakdown on colors and models?

How could I document this in regards to having an appraisal done?

The car was in an accident and carfax says it is now worth less, so we are filing for diminished value with the guilty party's insurance company (not ours). But carfax doesnt even list blaze yellow as an option.

Seems to us that a rare color should increase market value?

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Are you sure it is Blaze Yellow, and not the other yellow that was offered in the 2011 year? (I forget the name, but I think it was a really nice tri-coat tinted-clear golden/yellow color or maybe that was 2010)

If you haven't already checked; the color code should be on the label in the door jam and you can look it up.

I'm pretty sure there are some posts on here somewhere with links to where you can get the production numbers or the numbers themselves for specific combinations . . . if you take some time to look in the different sections, and use the search feature, maybe you can find it

or maybe someone who knows off the top of their head will chime in next!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Honestly, no, because these are such high production cars, colors vary by state, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,261 Posts
@moparcruiser
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you sure it is Blaze Yellow, and not the other yellow that was offered in the 2011 year? (I forget the name, but I think it was a really nice tri-coat tinted-clear golden/yellow color or maybe that was 2010)

If you haven't already checked; the color code should be on the label in the door jam and you can look it up.

I'm pretty sure there are some posts on here somewhere with links to where you can get the production numbers or the numbers themselves for specific combinations . . . if you take some time to look in the different sections, and use the search feature, maybe you can find it

or maybe someone who knows off the top of their head will chime in next!
It is definitely Yellow Blaze Metallic tri Coat. Says so right on the window sticker.

When we were looking back in 2010, there were TWO blaze yellow v6s available at that time in this half of the US......and we got one of them...I know its rare-ish.....yeah it's "just a v6"....but I am deep into the old 70s mopars and know that even a slant 6 car (shunned back in the 70s and 80s and even 90s) in a certain factory color or with a certain set of options not usually found on the model makes it more valuable and sought after now.

Just a matter of putting a number on it.....

SO far looks like about 27,500 of the 68,650 Mustangs produced for the 2011 year were V6s.....

Out of the 68,650 Mustangs produced, only 590 of all models within the Mustang platform were Yellow Blaze.

So right there, it's a rare color....less than 1% of all models......

I just cannot seem to find the number of V6s produced as that color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poking around here I found this from "Ramzister"
According to the 2011 Mustang Take Rate Report dated 3/13/2011,
here are the various models produced in Yellow Blaze:

GT Convertible: .94% of 5,126 or 48
GT Coupe : 1.36% of 21,296 or 289
V6 Convertible : .38% of 9,645 or 37
V6 Coupe : .79% of 27,557 or 217

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
It is definitely Yellow Blaze Metallic tri Coat. Says so right on the window sticker.
yep, I was thinking of the earlier "Sunset Gold" which was similar but golder
glad you found it!

Reactions: moparcruiser

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yep, I was thinking of the earlier "Sunset Gold" which was similar but golder
glad you found it!
Your right as the blaze yellow was 2011. I don't think it was available in 2012 as I think gota have it green replaced it. I have never been a fan of yellow but the blaze is an awsome color. It was a $499 option as was the candy red. I have seen several around the Phoenix area and in the desert sun it is stunning.

Reactions: moparcruiser

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your right as the blaze yellow was 2011. I don't think it was available in 2012 as I think gota have it green replaced it. I have never been a fan of yellow but the blaze is an awsome color. It was a $499 option as was the candy red. I have seen several around the Phoenix area and in the desert sun it is stunning.
From what I can tell, it was available early 2012 on some models.....but again, not very "popular".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts