Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, just got word that my 2011 GT is on the assembly line, should be here in about 3 weeks.

We wanted the hood scoop and side scoops and raised spoiler, but didn't want the quarter window louvers. But the only way to get the other stuff was to buy the package with the louvers, and I'll remove the louvers myself once the car arrives.

So my question is pretty simple:

How are the factory-installed quarter window louvers attached and how hard are they to remove?

Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm 95% sure it's just taped on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep double sided black tape. That's how at least my buddies came. He swapped his out with some others, he used goo-b-gone and dripped some gasoline on the tape to dissolve it! Be very careful not to snap or crack the louvers! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
206 Posts
floss or fishing line

there stuck on with double sided tape just use floss or fishing line to take em off a heat gun also helps out a lot are u planning on selling them if so how much?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's weird... I thought you could by them all individually... I did. I bought the side window louvers and side scoops but no hood scoop. It's dealer installed so they just ordered the parts I wanted.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
On the Build & Price Ford website you can add whatever you want; louvers, scoops, spoiler, I don't see why you have to get them all if you just want a some specific ones...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.