Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I used to own a modded 08 V6 and just imported my 2011 GT a few days ago (It's the second 2011 GT in my country, and the first brembo pack one as far as I know) with the Touring cat-back exhaust installed already because It's a lot easier that way (no Borla dealers over here). The only thing is, it sounds way off from the videos!

It sounds more raspy and a lot louder from the videos i've seen with the Touring cat-back.. I know that a video is not comparable to the real thing but I had no choice.

I made sure and it is a Borla cat-back and by the invoice it's the Touring cat-back as well. I've uploaded 2 short clips (iphone video so they are a bit heavy) for any of you Borla guys to check out and tell me if that sounds normal to u:

REV.MOV

Slow accel.MOV

Car is pretty new only has about 1250 miles on it and about 300 miles on the cat-back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Those video clips are a pain to load . You'll probably get better replys here by loading those on You Tube and then linking them back here .

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've never heard the touring in person but they sound good in the second vid . Is that a cop car coming up behind you in that clip ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.. its a taxi ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sounds good to me:bigthumbsup these new 5.0 motors just have a sound of their own regardless of the exhaust system you install.

I'm glad I found the perfect set up without going through to many changes and money lol

I started with the Magnaflow comp series catback with catted X-pipe and ran that for 6-7 months with CAI,tune and liked the sound.

It was a tad loud because of the HF cats and the comp mufflers but not obnoxious.Now after installing longtubes and o/r X I'm back to the stock mufflers and exhaust with the resonators and the sound is perfect.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It sounds good, but it does seem to be louder than mine. It also doesn't seem to be as deep in tone. I don't know what options you have if you wanted a more quiet setup. It's has to suck to spend all that money and be disappointed. Good luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not really dissapointed, I mean yeah it's not the sound I was looking for but it still sounds bad-ass except the fact its raspy and loud.. This is an iphone video so not the best quality at all.

Either way this 5.0 is a true beast and i'm just amazed with how much different this is from my last stang..

Just wanted to know if the sound is in the normal range for a borla touring cat back. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow the revving makes it sound like the S or even ATAK system.

Is this the revised version, you can tell by the exhaust tip size. It will be 4 inch if the old one and 4.5 with the new one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm not really dissapointed, I mean yeah it's not the sound I was looking for but it still sounds bad-ass except the fact its raspy and loud.. This is an iphone video so not the best quality at all.

Either way this 5.0 is a true beast and i'm just amazed with how much different this is from my last stang..

Just wanted to know if the sound is in the normal range for a borla touring cat back. Thanks.

I think it sounds great even with the little bit of raspiness.

·
Registered
439 Posts
it appears based on my reading there is an updated version out as well, I would say double check what you have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts