Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Easy for a reviewer to say they don't have to replace those $300 a piece tires. I'll be lucky to get 10k miles out of them without burnouts. I can help it!
Or if you have a track pack or Brembo equipped car then its $400 a pop! :nervous

·
Registered
106 Posts
+1 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Easy for a reviewer to say they don't have to replace those $300 a piece tires. I'll be lucky to get 10k miles out of them without burnouts. I can help it!
I assume you are referring to the brembo pzero summer tires, the all seasons should last you easily over 20k.

For the pzero summer tires, you need to rotate them every 4k to maximize their life...do that and you should get 16k out of them with a handful of mild and spirited driving.

yes, these tires cost $400 a pop but honestly, who plans to buy them again? I don't. there are much better tires out there that are cheaper and have a much better tread life.

G

·
0 Posts
I assume you are referring to the brembo pzero summer tires, the all seasons should last you easily over 20k.

For the pzero summer tires, you need to rotate them every 4k to maximize their life...do that and you should get 16k out of them with a handful of mild and spirited driving.

yes, these tires cost $400 a pop but honestly, who plans to buy them again? I don't. there are much better tires out there that are cheaper and have a much better tread life.
If by better you mean cheaper and last longer, then you are absolutely correct about other options being available. If you are looking for tires that perform as well as the P-Zero, the prices are still very close. My next tire choice is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The P-Zeros are pretty amazing on a course.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Current pricing on Tire Rack is $361 a pop, so if you have money in your pocket burning a hole......feel free to burn some rubber...:gringreen

·
Registered
298 Posts
i feel sorry for anyone wanting to stay with perilli pzero's and put them back on their car. worst tires i have ever owned and price is beyond ridiculous

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
continental extremecontact DW are rated highest in tire rack's max performance summer test and they cost $250 per tire in our stock 9" wheel size. so NO, you don't have to spend $400 per tire to get a good performance summer tire.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Which tires would you put into this category? I personally like my Pzero's (when it is above 60' outside)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
continental extremecontact DW are rated highest in tire rack's max performance summer test and they cost $250 per tire in our stock 9" wheel size. so NO, you don't have to spend $400 per tire to get a good performance summer tire.
Yep. That's what I'm running on my Ford Racing boss laguna seca wheels and I like them better than the Pzeros. However I would have gone with Michelin Pilot Super Sports as I hear they are stellar but they aren't yet making them in all the sizes. I ran the DW's on my EVO so I was familiar with them and know dollar for dollar they are probably the best summer tire you can buy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hankook Tires. $172/each at tire rack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.