Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Purchased a 2011 gt mustang and have ordered the 624 hp ford racing supercharger. i intend to swap the clutch during the install on the SC. any recommendations on an aftermarket clutch/flywheel? thanks:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a McLeod RXT with a billet steel flywheel. Clutch effort is stockist, and the quality of the unit is top notch.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I would also recommend the Mcleod RXT.I replaced my stock clutch with this unit after the blower went on and It's a awesome clutch.

The effort is almost like stock but It's harder to slip this clutch because it grabs sooner and really puts the power to the ground.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info and the link. did you self install?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I did mine with the help of a friend and a lift. It was part of a major weekend of thrashing. If your doing just the clutch swap figure 3-4 hours with a lift.

My friend Ryan is a full time mechanic and the challenge was whether he could have the transmission out of the car before the Domino's delivery guy could get there. He did it!:bigthumbsup

G

·
0 Posts
I did mine with the help of a friend and a lift. It was part of a major weekend of thrashing. If your doing just the clutch swap figure 3-4 hours with a lift.

My friend Ryan is a full time mechanic and the challenge was whether he could have the transmission out of the car before the Domino's delivery guy could get there. He did it!:bigthumbsup

Don't be too surprised it's so easy to buy a mechanic with just food!! Even my boss here makes us come into work on Saturdays just because we get free lunch!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just Purchased a 2011 gt mustang and have ordered the 624 hp ford racing supercharger. i intend to swap the clutch during the install on the SC. any recommendations on an aftermarket clutch/flywheel? thanks:)
The Force 9.5 will handle about anything you can throw at it. The one in our VPs car has seen numerous trips to the drags, spirited street driving, several weekends on the open track, dyno visits, & 553hp & 576tq on the spray. The pedal feel is stock, like butter. Plus, it is a direct bolt in unit.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Upgraded with RAM Force 9.5" Street Dual Disc Clutch Kit - LRS Blog

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everybody. just ordered it and hopefully should be here in a few days. i am excited for the install. love new challenges. and btw i just traded my 2011 bmw m3 for the stang and every one is a lot more friendly on these boards then all the bmw fourms:) again thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts