Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a black 2011 GT/CS and am considering having my roof and rear spoiler wrapped in 3M carbon fiber vinyl. Maybe also wrap the rearview mirrors? I haven't been able to find any pics online of what this would look like, but the link below shows some examples of other cars. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks.

Picasa Web Albums - Skinz Wraps - Skinzwraps Ca...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been going over the same idea but instead of vinyl I've thought of using real carbon fiber. There are some company's out there offering kits for this but I havent been able to contact them. Www.carbonmods.com and carbon visions are two that I know of. Does anyone have any experience with this company's? Using the real stuff will look 100 times better and hold up longer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that real carbon would probably look good, but It's permanent, which makes me a little nervous.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have thought about doing a carbon stripe, like the gt500 stripe. I have one on my motorcycle and I like it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
skinning a whole panel is kinda cheesy IMO. It would be cool to do stripes but that's all I could bring myself to do. One small tear on a fully skinned body panel and it's all over.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another option, not sure if Saleen sells them or they are only available on an ordered car...
Might be worth a phone call if you are interested... I had them put it on the car before
it was delivered. A couple of imperfections in the resin over the CF but overall it looks good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts