Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to see if someone could clarify what grill will fit my 2011 GT/CS. It looks like the Roush grill will only fit on the GT as well as some of the other ones offered by American Muscle. All I'm looking for is my exact billet grill just in black. I'd love the Roush one but do not want to add any extra work. My next option is ordering the new 2012 GT/CS grill which I believe comes black instead of chrome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Why don't you paint yours black?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Hey just wanted to see if someone could clarify what grill will fit my 2011 GT/CS. It looks like the Roush grill will only fit on the GT as well as some of the other ones offered by American Muscle. All I'm looking for is my exact billet grill just in black. I'd love the Roush one but do not want to add any extra work. My next option is ordering the new 2012 GT/CS grill which I believe comes black instead of chrome. Thanks in advance.

ALL of the upper grilles for a regular GT will fit your GT/CS as they are going to be the same dimensions/etc. as the GT. The only difference between a GT and a GT/CS is going to be the lower valance.

If you wanted to remove your factory Boss/GT-CS style lower valance you could install ANY GT lower grille, too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALL of the upper grilles for a regular GT will fit your GT/CS as they are going to be the same dimensions/etc. as the GT. The only difference between a GT and a GT/CS is going to be the lower valance.

If you wanted to remove your factory Boss/GT-CS style lower valance you could install ANY GT lower grille, too.
I don't believe that is true. There is some sort of plastic surrounding piece that the GT has that the CS does't have. I was told this would have to be order from ford.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just order the 2012 GTCS grill as that will always be a perfect fit.
Yea that makes the most sense. I don't want to ruin the grill now by painting it then later on down the road have it chipping and look like crap on me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't believe that is true. There is some sort of plastic surrounding piece that the GT has that the CS does't have. I was told this would have to be order from ford.
You are correct. When I changed out my GT grill for the GT/CS grill it was necessary to purchase the GT/CS grill surround which is the same as the V6 Pony package grill surround. The profile of the grills are different and the stock GT grill surround does not fit the GT/CS grill.

The GT and GT/CS lower fascias are a direct swap though.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
You are correct. When I changed out my GT grill for the GT/CS grill it was necessary to purchase the GT/CS grill surround which is the same as the V6 Pony package grill surround. The profile of the grills are different and the stock GT grill surround does not fit the GT/CS grill.

The GT and GT/CS lower fascias are a direct swap though.

Hmm, that's weird. Thanks for clearing it up though.

I can't imagine why they would completely swap it from the previous generation(i.e. top fitting, but bottom not and now bottom fitting and top not). Silly Ford parts bin sharing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Options?

Thought I would wake this thread up... since the Saleen grille is impossible to find, what other grille options are there for the 10-12 GT/CS? Anyone have a Saleen grille for sale?

G

·
Thought I would wake this thread up... since the Saleen grille is impossible to find, what other grille options are there for the 10-12 GT/CS? Anyone have a Saleen grille for sale?
Selection is tuff, for some reason many of the aftermarket grilles say "does not fit California Special editions".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saleen grille is back

Just ordered mine for $219.99, should ship this week. 281motorsports have 300 grilles available, call Kim (very helpful), info is below:

"It is true that the grille are coming back. They will be available this week. We are taking orders now because there is only so many available this batch. The price is $199.99 plus $20 for shipping. Please let me know if you want to order one.

Thanks!

Kim | Office Manager
281 Motorsports USA
714-871-3391 Direct
www.281motorsports.com
California's ONLY Official Saleen Speedlab Center"

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I opted to go with the Saleen grille after all the research. I do love the way it looks however I wish it was more securely held on.

What does everyone else think that owns this grille?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I opted to go with the Saleen grille after all the research. I do love the way it looks however I wish it was more securely held on.

What does everyone else think that owns this grille?
I ended up drilling three holes in the bottom of the grill/bumper. From there I used three nuts and bolts with washers. It is very secure and looks like it should have come that way. I'll post a pic in a minute.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don't mind the xmas tree fastener by the middle screw. I needed to fill the hole after I realized it wasn't going to work...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts