Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I own a 2011 GT/CS Production 04/2010 currently with 2500 kms on it and I have a few concerns and hope maybe someone can give me some quick feedback.

First concern is regarding my clutch. When the car was new the clutch pedal was always firm. Now when I drive it it starts out firm when its cold but when it warms up there is very little pressure and the pedal also seems to be alot higher before the car will start to pull. There is also more effort to shift between gears.

Second concern is a weird one. Today when I turned the key on to start the car, it wouldnt's start, like it was out of gas or something...but not only that......after I let the key go the starter was still turning over even though I didn't have the key turned forward.....did something stick???. This is the first time this has happened to me but it did get me abit worried.

Third concern is the noise of the engine which seems louder at times than other times. The best way I can describe is its not a whinning noise but like a ticka ticka ticka sound. As soon as I figure out that whole youtube thing I want to take a video to post on this forum.

This car has totally got me bummed out. Should I be worried about anything. I called the dealership and she said to drive it for the weekend and see if its still acting up. Almost wishing I didnt get rid of my 2008 GT/CS.

Thoughts on all of this?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry I can't help. I have about 900 miles on my GT/CS. So far no issues. I remember when I had my 90 GT (20yrs ago), I used to get that same feeling with the clutch. At certain times, it felt like it was grabbing very high. It was never a problem. Just felt a little weird.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Perhaps your clutch is broke in now, thus resulting in the less required effort? My 2012 GT/CS has always had a light pedal.

In regards to starting, these cars are equipped with one-touch, where all you have to do is turn it to start mode and it will crank until the car starts regardless of whether you let the key go back to auxillary/on mode.

A lot of cars tick, check to see if it is only when your AC is on. A lot of cars have a normal tick, many of them with the AC on.

Don't get too stressed about it, the bad rants on these forums tend to make people hyper critical and convince everyone that their cars are lemons. To me, doesn't seem youre having a severe issue and that most likely everything is fine. I would however, to ease your concerns, take it to a credible dealer and have them look into.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The key issue is normal as the cars have a one touch starting system. It cranks until the engine starts or 5 seconds has elapsed.

The transmission issue should be looked at by your dealer.

The tick issue is normal. The new 5.0s have a slight ticking sound under normal operation. At times the tick does sound a bit louder then others. Some people tend to get dramatic over it and others understand that with 32 valves you are going to have some ticks. LOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I feel a whole lot better. After reading some forums I thought maybe I was in for some trouble. Is there a reason why my clutch feels nice and firm at times and then all of a sudden that firmness is lost? I also didn't know about the auto start thing you guys mentions.....Pheeww....:gringreen......is there a reason why it took so long to start though? It usually starts up right away.

Thanks again, so far I feel 100 times better :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have the dealer check out the clutch issue, if it is firm sometimes and sometimes isnt then perhaps there might be something acting funny. That's what our warranties are for though =) Have it checked out and let us know, in case our vehicles exhibit the same behavior. For me, 2600+ miles on mine with no issues other than a bad lower control arm bearing from the factory. Thought for a minute there I was having some tranny/clutch issues myself but told myself to forget the forum hype and just drive. Altered my shifting technique slightly and basically made myself relearn to shift, and the tranny (so far) shifts great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 3500 on my gt/cs ... only issue I've had on my is getting the lower control arm bushing replaced on the front driver side.....

The clutch is soft . Has been since I've had it
no starting issue
and I dont hear any thicking from the engine. ... it think that's b/c of my flush Adelaide backs

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The starting issue happened to me just this past week, I went out to start her up and head to my office... but it just cranked and did not catch! It struck me as weird, my second attempt at starting her up a minute later was as usual; normal, and it started perfectly.
Since then it never happened again,which does not mean it's not going to occur again.
It sure as hell surprised me by not starting,it felt like there was no electrical signal going to the plugs... almost like all leads leading to the plugs were removed,that sort of thing!
As far as this Mustang is concerned I have had ZERO issues with it, other than 1st 2nd gear grind during the winter months,and that seems to disappear within 6 minutes of driving.
Am I impressed with a NEW 2011 GTCS with gear grind? not in the least, I expected nothing of the sort,but I am chalking this down to the dynamics of this particular transmission (6M )
This car is pretty much BONE STOCK,tint, clear corners ( could not stand the ugly amber ones ) and a Borla "S"exhaust ( found the stock exhaust WAY WAY too quiet).
I love this car,big time... I hate the general negative attitude I receive from dealers, even tho I only used their services for an oil change ( Full synthetic Mobil 1)...
One definete problem I have is with the paint,or should I say with the way the pedestal wing was installed from the factory: the goop they use at the base of the black wing supports ( 4 in total, 2 on the outside, 2 toward the centre ) is oozing out where the posts meet the trunk, it has reacted terribly with the paint and right where the paint touches the post area is all crinkled up,I noticed a tiny slight amount of this goop when I first bought the car,under the driver side outside post,but it was just a tiny amount and figured the second I touch it would just come off in a ball...
Since October this has grown to a serious eye sore on ALL 4 posts.
Early this week I took it to Donway Ford in Toronto ( they have a body shop ) body shop manager took pictures of this mess and told me I'll be hearing from him,he said he'll be submitting pics to FORD regarding repairs,so far I have not heard from him.
He was telling me that my assumption is spot on,that when the wing was installed from factory who ever installed it must have put too much goop and with the summer heat and the pressure of the wing bolts,is oozing out, but it's also created a very bad reaction with the paint,crinkling it all around the posts!
Sure am looking forward to having this issue dealt with by FORDMOCO,as it now stands, it looks pretty horrible,with paint bubbling/crinkling all around 4 wing posts on a candy red ride...
I'll keep the forum posted on this one!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The starter issue is a non-issue. If you notice, when you turn the key, it takes about 1/2 a second and the gauges light up and go to the right and back again. The car then makes a ding noise and the electronics all come on.

If you simply put the key in and try to turn the car on, sometimes you will have the starter issue (cranking without engaging). All you have to do is put the key in and wait about 1/2 a second before you actually crank it over. This gives the electronics the time they need so the car can start.

I had this problem when I first bought the car and learned about this on this forum. Ever since, I have not had the problem. Just give it time to boot up before you turn the key and you wont have any more problems.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You have one of the first 2011's made, and there were some issues with the clutches back then. I'd definitely take it in to be looked at.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have one of the first 2011's made, and there were some issues with the clutches back then. I'd definitely take it in to be looked at.
Yeah the clutch still doesnt feel right, way too soft and now its starting to feel squishy. None of my previous Mustangs were like this. As for the reply and someone stating to leave the key forward while the electronics kick in before I turn it over to start it.....I always do this....just that one day it took a few seconds before she fired up. Gas choice maybe? Beats me but it hasnt done it again since. I'll be calling the dealership again in the AM and booking an appointment to have her looked at. I'm almost considering replacing the clutch out of my own pocket just to get it done now and over with as I plan on doing this in the future anyways. Can someone give me some advice on flywheel and clutch choice, also if I should redo the master/slave as well?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had a few issues before with starting, but it was because I BARELY let off the clutch...after it didnt start I noticed I found still push in the clutch a millimeter or two and it fired right up. Try to pay attention to the clutch pedal and see if you can eliminate user error first. If it still has issues, take her to the shop.

These cars have hydraulic clutches if I am not mistaken. Shouldn't have the clutch pedal feel of the older stangs. Mine has been feather light since new.

Best thing to do, since you seem upset, is to just take it to the shop and have her looked at. In fact, I would take it to numerous shops, just to eliminate a shop from telling you that you need something you don't (just incase).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.