Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 2006 4.0 Premium convertible. A year ago I traded it in along with my 2012 Cadillac CTS AWD 3.6L coupe for a Cadillac CTS-V coupe.

Love, LOVE the V-Coupe, but missed having a convertible.

A couple of months ago I bought a CPO 2011 GT/CS convertible. It's loaded, including the elecontronics package (NAV). The previous owner modded it out a bit. Added a Shaker hood, light bar and the Boss axle back exhaust.

It also looks like he removed the GT/CS stripe and added the 5.0 emblems on the fenders.

At first when I was looking at the car I thought the owner just added cosmetic GT/CS upgrades, but it has all the 409A components (pedestal spoiler, GT/CS dash, seats, faux CF trim, splitter, wheels, etc.).

I'm torn if I should reapply the stripe which would mean removing the 5.0 emblems. Another option is to put apply the C-stripe, or do I leave it alone.

I know some will say, "do what makes you happy", but I'm genuinely undecided so I'm looking for opinions.

Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, here is a picture of my V.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not a big fan of the hood.... But I think it looks good the way it is. Can always put the side stripes on. Check out my pic in my profile. Has 5.0 and the stripe. I know it's a different year but thats how mine came from factory. Good Luck!

-Paul

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think adding the Stripe would look better or even a Stripe by the rocker panel. But since it an CS it makes sense to add the original. It would add a lot IMHO.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Doesn't need a thing. Hot car!

·
Banned
53 Posts
I have a GT/CS and the way I always looked at it, the people who matter will know it's a 5.0 and the people who don't know dont matter! I get a lot of questions about "whats GT/CS mean" which makes me feel proud since it's like some unknown mustang they've never heard of before.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
differant opinion: paint/plastidip/color the pedistal spoiler black to balance the black of the shaker hood.

the rims go real nice with the white btw. I'm one who happily removed my rocker panel stripe as to me it just screams V6

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a big fan of the hood.... But I think it looks good the way it is. Can always put the side stripes on. Check out my pic in my profile. Has 5.0 and the stripe. I know it's a different year but thats how mine came from factory. Good Luck!

-Paul
That stripe might work. Yeah it's a different year, but isn't the biggest exterior difference the taillights and headlights?

In other words aren't the body panels the same? If so that stripe should work.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I had the stripes removed from my 2009 CS because they started to come lift a bit in a few spots. Ford did it under warranty and provided me with a new stripe kit. I still have it in two OEM unopened boxes.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I took off my side stripes also on my 2011 GT/CS and got the 5.0 emblems along with some fender vents, and I prefer by far this look.
Another solution is to get the 2013/14 GT/CS side stripes, they are lower (like on the GT500), so you can keep both; the 5.0 emblems and the stripes. Just an idea...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice looking car as is but since you asked, I would drop the 5.0 emblem and put the black stripe back on to tie in with the color of the shaker hood. Not a big fan of the hood stripes, unless those are original I would ditch those too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome cs. Looking at the picture the cs looks kinda weird without the striping maybe because I've never seen a gt with all the cs components and no stripe. You have a CS put a the stripe on it to make different than all the other 5.0's. Great shaker hood by the way looks A+ makes it look like the mach 1

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im a big fan of the stripe. It's tradition. To me when Ford lowered it they made a mistake.
I love the fact its a sleeper. Even when people see the faux gas cap it only says c/s on the 11-12's

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took off my side stripes also on my 2011 GT/CS and got the 5.0 emblems along with some fender vents, and I prefer by far this look.
Another solution is to get the 2013/14 GT/CS side stripes, they are lower (like on the GT500), so you can keep both; the 5.0 emblems and the stripes. Just an idea...
Ws thinking the same thing. Thank you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts