Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The events posted may or may not have happened.

Ok, going to the movies tonight with my 18 year old son in the passenger seat. In my rear view mirror, I see a black Mustang with a hood scoop coming up on me at a very rapid pace. I tell my son, "looks likes someone wants to play." As he turns to look, the Mustang does a high speed pass on my side. I can hear the distinct sound of his supercharger and the rumble of long tubes as he goes by.

My son says, "Dad, he would smoke you". I look at him and say, "I don't know". The Mustang, now about 100 feet in front of me slows. As he comes along side of me I see the Roush 427 painted on the front of his car. The guy in the Roush says, "Want to go?" I say, "That supercharger sounds nice". He says, "Yeah, it came with it". I asked him what year it was and he said it was a 2008.

He then does a double take and asks, "Is that a 5.0?" I say, "yes, it is a tuned, California Special 5.0." I tell him I have about 450 HP and he says he has 450 HP. I knew I had the extra weight of my son and my trunk is full of heavy equipment. For some unknown reason, I say, "let's do it"!

We both slow to about 20 MPH in attempt to catch a red light. Unfortunatly, the light stays green and we continue though. I said, "lets go on 3". He said, "you count". Rolling at about 20 MPH, I count, 1, 2, 3 and step on it.

I hear his supercharger come to life and my Borla axel backs start to growl. He starts pulling on me about 1/2 a car length for the first 60 feet or so, then I catch him and just blow by him. I pull and pull until I see him about 60 feet behind me in my rear view.

I slowed and let him come along side of me again. He says, "That's one nice ride you have there. I tell him he has an awsome ride as well. We both salute each other and he immediatly turns off into a parkinglot. My son and I continue down the road with our heads high. My son says, "Dad, this is an awsome car." Watching the movie (Super 8), I could not stop thinking about it. LOL.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have had others underestimate my 2011 GT/CS too, and they have regretted it.

I am putting a "Supercharger" on mine as soon as it comes in and then the rest of 'em had better hold on.

Great race story :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice race brother!:bigthumbsup Aint nothing better than a friendly race between two stang owners!

I think its safe to say that your son WILL BE a future ford mustang owner haha!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
very nice run. also...... how was that super 8 movie? i wanna go see it.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Nice car, nice race, I want one later on when I can afford a new car haha

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
231 Posts
nice kill...just imagine what woulda happened if the car was so weighted down :winks
as for super 8 id personally give it a 9!
for some reason that movie just hit it off for me. I was glued to the screen the whole time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow... did not expect this outcome. What are you mods?

Those 427s are no joke.

Nice kill!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow... did not expect this outcome. What are you mods?

Those 427s are no joke.

Nice kill!
Only performance mod is a Bama 91 race tune and a drop in K&N Air Filter. I think I would have still beat him without the tune (just stock).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Due to my position as a law enforcer, I'm not supposed to say street racing is ok. BUT, if I were to do such a vile thing, I would say "THAT is how a propper street race is conducted!" :winks:bigthumbsup I've only test drove a new 5.0 but I can say without a doubt that them suckers haul. Way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts