Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GT H/T 6M with the Brembo brake package. I want to lower my car, but don't want to kill the ride. For those of you that have Brembo cars, you know that the rebound on the rear shocks makes the car feel like a bucking bronco on quick undulating pavement (usually concrete, not asphalt). The shocks are stiffer, the swaybars are bigger, etc. because it is a Brembo car...

What I hope to achieve is to lower the car around 1.5" and maybe even make the ride a little better than what it is now. In order to do that I'm willing to give up handling for ride. All this being said, what is the best option for springs/struts/shocks/coilovers/etc.?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I like my setup with Tokico D-Specs (adjustable) and Steeda Sports springs. You get a nice drop but not too low. Ford Racing springs are also very popular. My ride is slightly firmer yet not rough. The damping upgrade of the shocks / struts I think did the trick. I don't have the bucking bronco ride anymore. Recommend doing that first rather than springs if you are on a tighter budget. You can opt for the Konis (non adjustable) units too and maybe save a few bucks - lots of positive posts on that. Check out Sam Strano's posts on this form. He has provided a ton of information on this subject and sells the parts as well.

Strano Performance Parts - Parts Search

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like my setup with Tokico D-Specs (adjustable) and Steeda Sports springs. You get a nice drop but not too low. Ford Racing springs are also very popular. My ride is slightly firmer yet not rough. The damping upgrade of the shocks / struts I think did the trick. I don't have the bucking bronco ride anymore. Recommend doing that first rather than springs if you are on a tighter budget. You can opt for the Konis (non adjustable) units too and maybe save a few bucks - lots of positive posts on that. Check out Sam Strano's posts on this form. He has provided a ton of information on this subject and sells the parts as well.

Strano Performance Parts - Parts Search

Thank you for the info. I will search for Sam's posts.
On my 2007 convertible I installed the Steeda Ultralites, but left the factory struts and shocks. The car was lowered 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the rear and I loved the look. The compression over bumps was just fine, but the rebound was a bit abrupt. I think my mistake there was leaving the factory shocks and struts. This time I know better and will do it all at once. I just want the best ride available, even if it costs me more.

Why did you go with the sports versus the ultralites?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts