Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mustang 3.7L MT-82
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking Pony in to the mechanic tomorrow. It has suddenly began shuddering and then vibrating on the 5-6 shift and at speed when not shifting at all but simply decelerating from 2K rpm. The 5-6 shift shudder has never been present, neither has any 2K vibe and shudder; it's always only vibrated from 3K rpm and without any noticeable shudder. An occasional high-pitched screeeee of a noise also arises intermittently at freeway speeds, and it always sounds like it's coming from my passenger mirror. I can't help but wonder if it's some kind of bizarre sound transference? So...I'm thinking the flex plate might be done for? The car has around 90K miles. Maybe the driveshaft is out of balance and is starting to fail? Who knows? I'm not taking any chances. No sense having a pretty Pony if she can't gallop as a gimp. Will follow-up once the issue is resolved.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2011 Mustang 3.7L MT-82
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The weird high-pitched screeeee is indeed wind getting past the seal around the passenger window at freeway speeds. Otherwise, the car is in the shop being inspected. They're also going to look into an annoying tapping sound that Ford never could resolve while it was under warranty and tune adjustments can't seem to clear up.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
thanks for the update . . . I have nothing to add but thought a reply would be good ;) (y)

Reactions: V6 Cannonballer

·
Registered
2011 Mustang 3.7L MT-82
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a side note, I've ordered an AMR (Auto Mafia Racing) 3.5 inch aluminum one-piece driveshaft to replace the factory unit I've been running for 11 years. It has served me well, but with the new vibrations that have cropped up, I felt it best to stop taking chances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts