Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take my 2011 5.0 convertible to the track, right now its stock. I have the auto C/S and have a couple of quick questions.

Should I just go off the brake or launch at a certain RMP?
Should I do a burn our or just run around the water? Any advice on how to do a burn out, I guess I turn off traction control?
Should I use sport mode or just leave all that stuff on?
Should I bother running it stock or get a CAI or tune before I go.

Any other help or advice, just want to know how its work out for others.:bigthumbsup I may be running with two SS R/T Camaro's so lets see how I do.

I have been two other times with my old car which was a 6speed turbo s2000.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you're new to it, keep everything stock for now till you get used to the operations at the strip. Go around the water for now and when you get some experience at it, go around and back into the water to keep the front tires dry, then do the burnout. But for now I wouldn't worry about it. To launch, you might bring the RPMs up just a little, nothing too much till you get the feel of it all. Get used to how the automatic launches and play with it till you see how much you can push it on stock tires.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is it an 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile? If it is 1/4, even stock you are probably too fast to run without a rollbar. It depends on how strict they are at the track but 13.50 is the fastest you can run without a rollbar. I am in the same boat as my '06 'vert is faster than that. Hopefully they aren't too strict. Good luck!!

Edit: Just read the title again. Hope they aren't too strict!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I hope they will not break my ball if I go over 13.5, I am going to capital raceway in MD, I think there pretty easy going.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Revenge, you are going need a little seat time to get the feel for the car. American Muscle I think it was said when there 5.0 A6 was tested stock @ the 1/44 mile they just matted the gas off idle for the best time. Your track will be different. You might just be able to floor it and hang on, or you might have to roll in to it a little. All depends. Just go out and talk to some other guys at the track. Most dudes are real cool and they will help you figure it out. Good luck and keep us posted!!! Drag strips are sooo much fun. My wife even likes to go. She finds it amusing watching me beat up on all the Camaro's. LOL..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.