Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an ad craigslist for a pair of 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock mufflers and I was wondering if they would fit my 08 v6? and would it be a good thing to add to my car?

They are going for $20

Also, what other stock gt parts would fit and help out my v6?

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is an ad craigslist for a pair of 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock mufflers and I was wondering if they would fit my 08 v6? and would it be a good thing to add to my car?

They are going for $20

Is your car already dual exhaust? and IF you dont have a tuner and CAI get one from American Muscle get the JLT Tuner Combo!

·
Registered
531 Posts

They are going for $20

im not sure about the 2011 gt parts fitting our cars but i know 05-09 gt parts will fit on our cars. of course not engine stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your car already dual exhaust? and IF you dont have a tuner and CAI get one from American Muscle get the JLT Tuner Combo!
No it has the stock exhaust on it and that is my next planned upgrade, I just don't have $500 to spend on it right now.

im not sure about the 2011 gt parts fitting our cars but i know 05-09 gt parts will fit on our cars. of course not engine stuff.
Oh okay, thanks for the warning

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since we're talking about the 2011 parts. How about an H-pipe from a 2011 GT500? Would that work on a dual conversion? Just curious since I saw one on craigslist as well.

Thanks

PS: Don't mean to take over your thread..just curious..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
531 Posts
Since we're talking about the 2011 parts. How about an H-pipe from a 2011 GT500? Would that work on a dual conversion? Just curious since I saw one on craigslist as well.

Thanks

it should work how thick is the piping? i have 2.5'' from headers back

·
Registered
328 Posts

Thanks

I dont think it would since the GT500 is a bigger engine the pipes fitting to the cats would be more far apart since the GT500 is a 5.4 and our v6's are 4.0

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think the 2011 mufflers have a different muffler tip length, and not considered as a direct fit.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
2010+ mufflers are a little longer because of the different shaped rear end. They will fit and work but will just stick out further.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2010+ mufflers are a little longer because of the different shaped rear end. They will fit and work but will just stick out further.
So then back to my original question, for $20 will they make any differene or change? Either sound/look/power?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
So then back to my original question, for $20 will they make any differene or change? Either sound/look/power?
They will bolt onto the car, but you will only be able to connect one side to them and they are really not worth changing over to. That is why the seller is selling them for $20.

I would recommend saving up for these: Pypes V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-10 Mustang V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! That way you can have a true-dual exhaust and get the best performance and sound possible from your V6.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any questions in the future!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They will bolt onto the car, but you will only be able to connect one side to them and they are really not worth changing over to. That is why the seller is selling them for $20.

I would recommend saving up for these: Pypes V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-10 Mustang V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! That way you can have a true-dual exhaust and get the best performance and sound possible from your V6.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any questions in the future!
its already on my future list to buy, I just want to get the tune and intake first. As soon as I have $1000 to spend, it will be going straight to you...Just not sure when I will have $1000 :D

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
its already on my future list to buy, I just want to get the tune and intake first. As soon as I have $1000 to spend, it will be going straight to you...Just not sure when I will have $1000 :D

Well, let me know when you are ready and I can hook you up with the forum discount code! (need 50 posts first, though)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, let me know when you are ready and I can hook you up with the forum discount code! (need 50 posts first, though)
Sounds good, half way there

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Sounds good, half way there
I see that, keep it up! AFM loves when members stay active and contribute to their community on a daily basis.

THAT and there is a lot of good information and people here to help you out, which isn't a bad thing either!

Have a great afternoon!

·
Registered
746 Posts
the 2011 5.0 mufflers will not fit, they have 3 hangers on them.
the 2005 / 2010 only have 2 hangers on them. i heard that the 2011's are heavier and needed another hanger for support. [not 100% sure on the weight?] not sure if you could just saw off one of the hangers to make fit? never seen it done.
may want to do more research before wasteing the 20 bucks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 2011 5.0 mufflers will not fit, they have 3 hangers on them.
the 2005 / 2010 only have 2 hangers on them. i heard that the 2011's are heavier and needed another hanger for support. [not 100% sure on the weight?] not sure if you could just saw off one of the hangers to make fit? never seen it done.
may want to do more research before wasteing the 20 bucks. :bigthumbsup
well then good thing I came here first and ended up never buying it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts