Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loving this new 2011 Mustang, but now I'm divorced with only one car and I have a 3 year old daughter. I'd like her to be able to see out some window and that rear window is really small, of course. Is there some way to lower the front passenger seat so she can see out the windshield? Or put her carseat in the middle of the back seat so she has a view? Help! I love this car, but I love this little girl so much I don't want her to hate the Mustang ride.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The only problem is the middle of the back seat doesn't have a seat belt, only the right and left rear has the shoulder belt, to properly secure your daughter. The one thing you could do if there is no front passenger would be to remove the headrest. might giver her better view.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Honestly in a mustang the best place for her would be the front with her car seat or booster. The airbag automatically disables when a kid sits in there it's sensitive to weight. If you have passengers a booster seat fits ok in the back, but it is a boring ride back there. It is a tough one with the windows down too as the wind blows really hard in the back. Keep that in mind, my son complains about that all the time. In fact he is growing so fast... He is 5 now and already calling shotgun and making mom sit in the back :rollgrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your postings

Unfortunately (or fortunately) Michigan doesn't allow kids under 8 in the front seat, if I understand the law correctly. Thanks for the insight though.

I like that idea of removing the headrest and I'll give it a try. My heart's heavy... if I can't find a way to have the little one be happy with it, I may have to put off getting the Mustang till she's older... I'm addicted to this little one - she's an October baby for me. I've got three in their 30's then this little one!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My daughter rides behind me. She's 5 now, and loves to ride in Daddy's car. She just leans over when she wants to see more.

I would not let your worries get to you, your daughter will be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wife and I both love the fact that our girls will have more leg room in the back seat of this '11 Stang than our Grand Cherokee. We tried it out with their car seats. Ford designed the Mustang seats to be deeper and more scalloped so they actually sit back further than our freakin' SUV!! Plus, being in the back seat is better than not being in a Mustang at all, am I wrong?:racer:

·
Registered
75 Posts
My son is 4 and he leans over to see out of the windshield if he wants to look outside, he never complained. He just loves to ride in the stang even if he can see outside alot easyer in the PT Cruiser. But then again for my son my red stang is Flash Mcqueen so.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
"Better than not being in a Mustang!"

The wife and I both love the fact that our girls will have more leg room in the back seat of this '11 Stang than our Grand Cherokee. We tried it out with their car seats. Ford designed the Mustang seats to be deeper and more scalloped so they actually sit back further than our freakin' SUV!! Plus, being in the back seat is better than not being in a Mustang at all, am I wrong?:racer:
Love it, that's funny. I just need to convince my 3 yr old of that. "Honey, let Daddy show you under the trunk... and do you notice that sporty feel? And just think, this'll be YOUR car when Daddy gives you your first car on your 29th birthday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.