Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 mustang convertible. About a month ago the small rear windows wouldn't go up. I took it to an independent shop and they first said that the left quarter window motor wasn't working. Replaced that and it didn't fix the problem. Was told that "now we have proper communication with the BCM. Which we couldn't see before. We are able to command the rear windows up now. But still no signal from that drivers door switch. Tested that switch and it will also need to be replaced."

So they replaced that switch and was told that now the switch loses communication with the rear windows at random. I'm told that the next step is to replace the BCM for $900.

Does this make sense? Seems like we're on an increasingly expensive hunting expedition. I'll spend the money if it's likely to solve the problem but I'm losing confidence.

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.

We’re glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Did both rear windows not go up or just one? If it was both then why did they say that they only replaced the one motor?
They should have tested the motor first before replacing it. That was a waste of your $. Same with the switch really but that's pretty typical to just swap a new one of those in and hope. The motor should not have been replaced if it worked though.
If the signal is coming and going from the BCM intermittently then it's probably the cause. Water has been known to come in thru the cowl if it gets clogged and cause problems with the BCM on the S197. It could just be corrosion in the BCM contacts that can be cleaned though. I've heard that's often the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts