Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been lurking for awhile and finally signed up.
I have a 2011 GT today i powershifted the car, its not something i do all the time, but was in the mood too give it a go.. pretty much 1st gear to 6400ish rpms, clutch, grabbed 2nd at just under 7k, chirp, rpms dropped back down, same thing around 6400ish, pushed the clutch in, grabbed 3rd, goes into 3rd but redlining and rpms not dropping.
i know that obviously the limiter kicks in at 7 and will bounce there, but the issue is the rpms never dropped in 3rd when it went into gear, it felt like a cvt for lack of a better description, it was in 3rd physically but felt like it was still in 2nd and i forgot to shift the way the rpms never went down.
im a newb to this site and this car, so any and all help is appreciated.
thoughts
i just re-read this post and i sound like an ass but im legitly confused as to how that happened. so dont flame me to bad lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
it sounds like the clutch did not engage or is just slipping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
there are some known issues with pp bolts backing out on the 11s. and that would cause just what you describe.

beers

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
yes, could be the clutch bolts, a burnt clutch, or just roasted the tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, could be the clutch bolts, a burnt clutch, or just roasted the tires.
the clutch still grabs fine and doesnt slip under normal driving and even rolling onto the gas. i tested it out doing a couple 4th gear pulls from low rpm at like 40, it has no slipping issues.
the tires were definetly not spinning lol but i wish it was instead of trying to figure out what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts