Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

A few months ago I purchased a 2011 GT. The first mods I installed were an off-road h-pipe, mufflers, and a Bama 93 tune.

The next bolt-ons I am considering are an intake manifold, cool air intake, and throttle body. I have read around these forums a little bit and see a lot of back and forth about the cool air intakes, but when paired with a larger throttle body does a cool air intake yield more horsepower and torque gain?

Also, to any of you guys who have installed aftermarket intake manifolds (such as the Boss 302 or Ford Racing Cobra Jet) I have heard that these manifolds allow your engine to continue making power above 7000 rpms but that you lose low end torque. I don't run my car all out to redline that often and I was wondering if an intake manifold is worth it for a guy who usually is in the "low end torque" range of the tachometer rather than the "high end power" range.

Thanks in advance for the input!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Running much above 7k rpm's on stock internals is like having a short lit fuse on a stick of dynamite. :grin:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Spend your money on the suspension.....thank me later...:smile:

You can spend TONS [That's LOT's!] of money on nearly everything for your Mustang, but you've pegged out the 'bang for buck' meter with your mods already. More money will have less and less gain for the dollar.

Did I say suspension?:laugh2:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Suspension and tires!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Agreed. Suspension and Tires :)

These cars have more power than they can legitimately put to the ground in 1st and 2nd gear before they roll off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you dont take it to the track then I dont think the intake is really necessary. I would put the money towards new wheels and tires, suspension, or maybe paint on some nice stripes :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
On an episode of Power Block (power nation now)... they were running test on coyote to see what kind of horsepower it would make. They called Ford and spoke with an engineer about the RPM limits. The engineer said the Coyote will run at 7200 RPM "ALL DAY LONG"!
But I agree with the others..... Suspension is the way to go

·
Registered
704 Posts
Control before power. Suspension, brakes, wheels & tires.

CAIs do virtually nothing. Get a BAMA V2 tune and call it good.

S

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with ALL of the Guys on this 1!!......Suspension, and some real "Sticky" Sneakers IS the way to go!.......

Sean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts