Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to the dyno cuz I just recently put on my steeda CAI and bama race 93 octane tune. Also have roush axel backs which sound bad azz.

Anyways I didnt have a baseline dyno graph. And was so excited I left my dyno graph at the shop :/

But here is the video of it.

‪2011 mustang GT Dyno‬‏ - YouTube

It made 375rwhp and 380 ft/tq

I thought I was going to hit 400rwhp with the CAI and tune but maybe i was thinking too high. But my tuner sent the data log and the graph to BAMA and I should be hearing back soon.

As for the AFR he said that it looked good. But kind of dropped down a little bit at 6000-7000 rpms.

It was good to know that the tune was good and not running lean. So for all you people out there it runs fine. Needs a little tweaking but nothing major. Hopefully with my new tune I will recieve with the minor tweaks i will maybe see some more power. But yea I paid $75 dollars for my pulls and he did the data logging as well.

Thanks to tuning inc in orange park FL. they were great. And knew people at BAMA too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ya, that seems low for dyno readings. I have seen some stock 5.0's put down 375rwhp. HOWEVER, we all know that dyno's are not the same and are just a tool. Go to the 1/4 to see the results.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just see some dyno videos with the stock readings at 370rwhp 380rwhp. And then with CAI and tune they are around 400-405rwhp. I was expecting that. But whatever it was about 80-85 degrees out. and its florida with humidity.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
good to hear your a/f was safe, but when you say it kind of dropped do you mean rich or lean? and what was the a/f reading before it dropped

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it ended up being rich. thats why i wasn't too concerned. And I would be shifting before that part anyways so yea.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Jacksonville uh, What shop you get it dynoed at? Also its been quite humid out maybe that affected the numbers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is called hurricane performance but they have a tuning shop next to the building called Tuners Inc and it is ran by Tony. He was a real nice guy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its impossible to compare power outputs unless you have something to compare it to. Do they have a baseline of a 2011 GT to compare to? What kind of dyno is it? Mustang dynos will read lower then other types.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I didn't get a baseline dyno from my car. Nor did I even ask to see a baseline dyno of any other 2011 gts that they have had. They do specialize in mustangs only so I would assume it is a mustang dyno.

I will let everyone know how my tune does that I get back from BAMA when they look at it.

I am now debating on getting a lethal performance offroad x pipe or the offroad H pipe. I just don't want to mess up how my car sounds. I love the sound. But hoping if I throw on one of those it will sound even better. But I don't know which one to throw on. I wish I could go to lethal performance and just try them both out lol. I might do that since they are located about 2 hrs away from me.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
what a/f did you actually see throughout the curve? did you take note or no?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah not really. He sent the data logs to bama so they are the ones that are going to tell. But from what I saw it looked like it was in between the lines of 12-12.5 from when I was looking at the graph that they printed out.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
from what I saw it looked like it was in between the lines of 12-12.5
thats great! last question I promise lol, was this measured with a tailpipe sensor?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OH NO NO NO NO NO

it was measured BEFORE the cats. Lets not give everyone another heart attack. This guy was a pro. And knew everything I was asking about. And laughed when I asked about people measuring at the tail pipe.

So yea correct reading. Used his own o2 wideband sensor. and it was as perfect as ever.

i just cant sleep and wanna know my data logs from bama and can't wait to get the new TUNE!! TUNES FOR LIFE ROCKS! KEEP ADJUSTING IT BOYS hahaha

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
hahahahaha nah I wasnt trying to start that up again! keep us updated man. Chris and the Bama guys are great to work with for sure

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh no doubt I will keep everyone updated. I am on a mission to get my mustang faster than my uncles 99 mustang GT that is supercharged. He SAYS he is around 440rwhp. But that was tuned like in 2004 at Steeda. So I am hoping to get to 400rwhp with my tune. And maybe 420rwhp with an offroad x or offroad h pipe. Then I would be VERY close. And maybe even satisfied knowing I am that close N/A haha. But yea will keep yall updated. Along with my future venture with my FAVORITE car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned on what the numbers are. it is just a number and all dynos read different. They are tuning tools. See what it traps.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
^^what he said, dont get too wrapped up in the rwhp numbers, the a/f is safe which is good. challenge your uncle to a few runs at the local 1/4mi that will settle it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea I know. I am not too worried about it. I mainly brought it to the guy to make sure my AFR was ok. And it was. It was cool thought to see my numbers now. And then compare them throughout the years :)

I will be happy when I hit 600-700rwhp. Of course with a built engine. But again thats way down the road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey man, it looks like your GT is fairly stock aside from an axleback like mine. Did you notice a big difference with the tune. Is it worth the money? Is it safe?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I got the steeda cold air intake. And SCT tuner combo from american muscle. I could deff tell when I did the tune that it pulled harder. Better throttle response. And with the CAI it sounds way different as well.

Here is why it was worth it.

FREE TUNES FOR LIFE. Everytime I add on something... Like next I am adding offroad x or h pipe, I send in my data logs to BAMA and then they make adjustments. Its like having a 600 dollar tuner just an email away. And for life... Until I get forced induction lol.

But yea is it safe? Thats why you get it dynod. To see your AFR (air fuel ratio) to make sure it is running right at WOT (wide open throttle) aka pedal to the floor. By paying $75 dollars, you can get piece of mind knowing your tune is ok, send in the data logs to get bama to look at it and make adjustments for maybe some more HP, and a COOL GRAPH showing your hp and torque.

:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 59 Posts