Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, Gents:

Is there a compiled listing of 2011 Mustang GT parts that have received California's approval? Have any aftermarket folks pursued that approval yet?

I'm currently stationed in Nevada and expect to be reassigned to SoCal in 2013. Sure would like my car to be CA legal when I cross the border again... but nobody's talking about what is legal over there.

Any inputs appreciated. If you know of something that has been approved--intake/tune, exhaust, whatever--post it here!

Thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'll do a little checking and post up my findings.I'm sure We will see several aftermarket companies getting C.A.R.B certs for various parts including exhaust.I believe Ford racing has Mufflers and air filter and there are some axlebacks that are 50 state legal.

hope this helps and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
from what i know u cant have long tube headers, u have to have Cats, thats as much as i know
im sure more CA people will chime in

·
Registered
963 Posts
As far as I know, exhaust (cat-back or axle back only) and only if it meets the db requirement.

No intakes that I know of are CARB legal.

No headers that I know of are CARB legal.

FRPP S/C IS CARB legal, believe it or not, and I believe some of the others are as well.

This state is stupid, and run by tree-hugging nazis.

*Disclaimer, I love the environment, support conservation/preservation, but the CARB is an absolutely ridiculous bunch of dolts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
California is a joke. The people here just voted down a measure that would have suspended a bunch of really onerous global warming laws, many of which will effect motor vehicles (even in regards to CO2). Pretty much CARB has the discretion to write any laws they want.

That being said, the only parts I've seen that are CA legal are directly from Ford. It's just too expensive for smaller supplier to pay all the fees to California state regulators to get their products tested and approved even if it's something as innocent as a CAI.

I guarantee, the day will come when the government tells Ford "you may only manufacture X number of Mustang GT's a year".

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guarantee, the day will come when the government tells Ford "you may only manufacture X number of Mustang GT's a year".
They have already gotten so close that they will not have to set a hard quota. As the CAFE noose gradually tightens around our necks, the auto makers will have to sell fewer of their less efficient cars.

All auto makers will raise the prices of these types of cars to limit their sales without reducing the profits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.