Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here trying to soak up all the great info.

Am most likely going to be getting a new car sometime this year as my extended warranty runs out in December and I don't feel comfortable without one on my current car.

I've decided to go with something totally different as my current 4 door sedan is was pretty much king of the hill and would be hard to replace.

I've never been a Ford person in the past, but am very impressed with the new engine specs and the fact Ford has done so well especially not taking any bail out money.

That being said, I stopped by a dealership today and tried out the 2011 GT coupe and convertible. Coupe had six speed and convertible had automatic.

Six speed is SOOO much nicer...that automatic looked like it was from the 80s. Not sure if all autos are like this one, but it did not have any way to speedshift (paddles on steering wheel or side to side with the stick).

Dealership seems to be dying to get rid of their 2010 models even saying huge discounts on their Roush 2010 models that have the 15k upgrade package.

I guess it is hard to sell a 2010 Roush that is slower than a 2011 GT. :)

If pricing is similar however (not sure how much they will discount)...is the Roush worth it? I do like the looks and I would imagine upgrades to the blower yeild major results.

Thanks for your time and appreciate any replies.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
If it's a 2010 Stage 3 Roush, might be worth it. Little pulley change, tune and you could be at 600 rwhp. Good suspension, not many made. If it's not, I'd go with the manual GT. They're at the power level already of the early Stage 3's.
Dave

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome to AFM! I will have to say that considering just how powerful the new 5.0 has proven to be, it does require some thought. It would depend on the bottom dollar of both vehicles if it were me. If the Roush is anywhere close in price to a stock 5.0 with the discounts then I would surely go with it. You can easily get another 40-50rwhp out of the base M90 supercharged Roush with a tune, cold air intake, and pulley. That should put it equal to or even slightly better than the power of the stock 5.0 no problem. Plus, with the appearance and handling package of the Roush it's hard to beat in looks. They are sharp, there's just no other way to put it. If it happens to be the 2300 TVS Roush with the 540 motor and it is discounted to where it is comparable to a stock 5.0, don't you dare buy it but please tell me where it's at.:D

·
Registered
580 Posts
ROUSH all the way

Roush is at another level, espically @ stage 3. Everyone on the street can have a GT, but the Roush has very limited production numbers, if you hold on to it, it will be an investment - last year of the 2010 shape. Is it a true roush from Jack Roush, or just a gt made into a roush with Roush badging? If it is a true stage 3 Roush....you better get that if it is the same price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Depreciation on a Roush is huge, go for the '11 GT, better yet if you have that kinda money get a GT500, the 08s are 32K all day...

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yep, the depreciation on a Roush is a bunch. Few people want one. The 2010 Stage 3 was rated at 540 hp, had the TVS 2300 and the forged bottom end and full suspension kit. That's why I mentioned it's not to hard to bump the HP. All depends on the price difference, what it is and what you want in the long run.
Dave

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, these are the 427R models...Supposedly 15k upgrade over the normal 2010GT which was base 32K. With some other options these are stickered around 49k.

They look really nice, are supposedly heavily discounted, and have a zero perfect finance package right now I believe. The dealership I went to today has three on the lot (one grabber (?) blue, one dark grey metallic, and one black).

If the GT is speced to 40k and the 427R is discounted to 40k...which is the one to get?

·
Registered
132 Posts
No, these are the 427R models...Supposedly 15k upgrade over the normal 2010GT which was base 32K. With some other options these are stickered around 49k.

They look really nice, are supposedly heavily discounted, and have a zero perfect finance package right now I believe. The dealership I went to today has three on the lot (one grabber (?) blue, one dark grey metallic, and one black).

If the GT is speced to 40k and the 427R is discounted to 40k...which is the one to get?
What is the main purpose of the mustang?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

I would definitely get the Roush 427R. No brainer for me.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Same price and same HP. I'm totally biasised on this, love the looks and handling of the Roush. Haven't seen the numbers yet for 2010 but for 2007 it was 1050 and that was a very high run for them. You'll enjoy either one.
Dave

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the main purpose of the mustang?
Would be a daily driver. Haven't decided if I want a vert or not as that would rule out the Roush. Verts are nice in perfect weather, but it gets very hot here in the summer...we are already hitting mid 90s right now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
for a daily driver I believe I would go with the GT but if you're not going to put on a lot of miles and plan on keeping it for a long time, go with the Roush. if the money is almost the same just go with your gut feeling it's gonna be your mustang and yours is the only opinion that really matters! besides you're a winner either way!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Two other things to consider. #1 would be the cost of insurance. It does have the GT VIN number but insurance companies treat them in a different class. Don't tell them and they may give you a big argument in an accident. #2, your mileage will drop to maybe 22 on the interstate due to the conservative tune in the Roush CPU. I'd almost say for a DD go with the GT. Lot of times you really don't want that Roush out, get worried about parking lots and such. Wet roads can get very interesting real quick.
Dave

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I know the 5.0 is a great motor that Ford is making a bold statement with and I love it. But I am bashing the crap out of 6.2 Liter SS Camaros, 6.2 Liter C6 Corvettes, 370Z Nissans, etc. with my little old 3V 4.6 that has never had the valve covers off! I am even running with modded Terminators. So don't rule out that blown Roush just because it doesn't have the latest and greatest 5.0. A 4.6 with a blower is absolutely no comparison to one without. If the prices are similar, I still say go with the Roush. Just my .02.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to revive this thread, but I am curious if anyone has purchased one of the remaining 2010 Roush 427Rs out there? Dealership near me still has a couple on the lot and it is tempting. They are advertising 0% for 72 months trying to get rid of them.

MSRP is 49K on these things (32K for Base Mustang, 15K for Roush Stage 1 Kit, and some more for dealer added on stuff).

Am wondering how low they can go to get rid of them?

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you can get them to go below 40K, then you should really consider it.

You mentioned that you would use the car as a DD. In that case, go with 5.0.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you can get them to go below 40K, then you should really consider it.

You mentioned that you would use the car as a DD. In that case, go with 5.0.
What's your reasoning on the daily driver aspect? The Roush too rough a ride?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.