Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gauge if anyone has had this service done yet, specifically in Canada....I received the recall notice some 10 months ago...and that was it, no follow up, nothing!
Has anyone completed this recall, specifically Canadians.....nervous I still have this potential dangerous condition starring me in the face,literally!
Thank you for your input guys/ladies....
I also tried to do a search on the Lincoln 2016 MKC and weather they have the same Takara airbags installed in them, but came up empty handed....which could be a good sign, but I hate to assume stuff!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I think Ford is prioritizing hotter climates as that seems connected to the problems. I ended up wrecking my 12 in September, fortunately without airbag deployment, despite a rollover. I now have a late 14 but haven't heard from Ford yet on that one. I'm out on the west coast of Canada.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
my friend wrecked my 11 mustang and he didn't die. I think this has blown way out of proportion.. everyone thinks if they get in a wreck, the air bag will kill them now. I haven't heard from the dealer either, since they sent the recall paper to me. But I mean they still have to manufacture like a couple million airbags (or something) and get a place to make them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The recall is due to shrapnel ejecting out when airbag deploys.

I pinged my service manager last week and it's the standard...waiting on parts.??

·
Super Moderator
2,336 Posts
I have a 2011 GT and I live in South West Florida,My friend has a 2011 Boss and he just got his notice to bring his car in for replacement,nothing on mine yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Both of my 2014's as checked on the owner's homepage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts