Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2011 gt pushing 400hp & 400 tq...We hope.
The 2004 cobra supercharged 390+ HP & 390 TQ
With that being said,is there anyone who thinks the terminator will finally get a run for its money by a gt?:headscratch:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope. 04 Cobra for the win with those specs...unless the 2011 weighs less...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, and the Cobra is still easier to wring more power out of. :D
I agree,but im talkin all stock with no mods.How far off would it be though?:headscratch:

·
Registered
432 Posts
It wouldn't have to weigh less than the Cobra, if the weights were equal then the 2011 would still have 10hp on the Cobra. Now if it can't get that power to the ground efficiently then that's a different story.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I agree,but im talkin all stock with no mods.How far off would it be though?:headscratch:
The torque and average horse power would play a large part IMO. The Cobra will have gobs of torque due to the blower where the N/A GT will probably have to wind out to get its horsepower.

I think the newer S197 bodystyle is noticeably heavier too, isn't it?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wouldn't have to weigh less than the Cobra, if the weights were equal then the 2011 would still have 10hp on the Cobra. Now if it can't get that power to the ground efficiently then that's a different story.
But take this into consideration...that 390 on the cobra was under rated due to the recalls on the 99 and some were gettin 415+ to the wheels on a dyno run.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the newer S197 bodystyle is noticeably heavier too, isn't it?[/quote]

2004 cobra 3665
05 GT vert 3614
07 GT 3483
09 GT 3356
These are #'s I pulled off a google search and you know how that goes so take it as you will.:headscratch:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Keep in mind that Ford has obviously had 7 years to improve upon the SN95.

I bet the new 5.0 will win, so long as it has the optional 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep in mind that Ford has obviously had 7 years to improve upon the SN95.

I bet the new 5.0 will win, so long as it has the optional 3.73 gears.
Not sure... because they ran a versus challenge on the 04 terminator vs the new gt 500 and the terminator won the 1/4 mile challenge.

·
Registered
914 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
2003-2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Road Test & Review - Automobile Magazine
This link says that the 04 cobra ran a 13.4 in the quarter if that at all reflects how good drivers ran the cobra at the track then I would think that the 2011 will certainly beat the 04 cobra and if those specs are wrong by .4 or more seconds then the 04 will remain the champ.
The trap speed is what matters. Besides, I think you could add a couple of MPHs to that 109...even still, that 109 MPH indicates a high 12 second car with sticky tires :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Not sure... because they ran a versus challenge on the 04 terminator vs the new gt 500 and the terminator won the 1/4 mile challenge.
Wow...

Well... If a stock Cobra will run a quarter in 13.4, and the '08 GT500 will run it in 12.8 seconds...

A retard is driving the GT500!

The S197 GT with the 4.6L 3V will run it in roughly 13.5 seconds (more in the high 13 range)...

The 5.0 has a stock Cobra beat. :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow...

Well... If a stock Cobra will run a quarter in 13.4, and the '08 GT500 will run it in 12.8 seconds...

A retard is driving the GT500!

The S197 GT with the 4.6L 3V will run it in roughly 13.5 seconds (more in the high 13 range)...

The 5.0 has a stock Cobra beat. :D
It was awhile back...saw the video on youtube but cant remember the title to it.It was very close though.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Where did a 13.4 come for the Cobras 1/4 mile time? Thats ridiculous. While Im sure someone ran their Cobra that slow, Cobras were mid 12's to however slow others got them.(Temperature, track location, DA differences, driver skill).. And 415 to the rear wheels? Maybe one or two superfreaks. Most got 350-380. I was gonna buy one but people wanted too much money at the time. Im sure that it will be a drivers race as are most races with torquey V8s at the track. If you cant drive your car you will lose. And a 12.8 for the GT500 isnt too bad. Launching 500 hp at the track is easier said than done for most people. I saw a GT500 run in the 13's because the guy could not launch at all. Ill give the 2011 a slight edge for novice drivers as it will be easier to launch a high revving not so torquey DOHC than a positive displacment blower car. But get a good driver in the Cobra that can launch it and my moneys on the Cobra.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I saw the 13.4 on MotorTrend.

You're right! They run around a 12.9...

I don't know where they got the 13.4 from...?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did a 13.4 come for the Cobras 1/4 mile time? Thats ridiculous. While Im sure someone ran their Cobra that slow, Cobras were mid 12's to however slow others got them.(Temperature, track location, DA differences, driver skill).. And 415 to the rear wheels? Maybe one or two superfreaks. Most got 350-380. I was gonna buy one but people wanted too much money at the time. Im sure that it will be a drivers race as are most races with torquey V8s at the track. If you cant drive your car you will lose. And a 12.8 for the GT500 isnt too bad. Launching 500 hp at the track is easier said than done for most people. I saw a GT500 run in the 13's because the guy could not launch at all. Ill give the 2011 a slight edge for novice drivers as it will be easier to launch a high revving not so torquey DOHC than a positive displacment blower car. But get a good driver in the Cobra that can launch it and my moneys on the Cobra.
350-380? Ford underated them on purpose because of all the recalls and pissed customers that bought a 99 cobra (i was one of them) but then again the interweb has all kinds of misleading info.Just like youve seen only a few superfreaks get 415+ to the wheels stock,the 350-380 stock is a new one to me.Whatever the case may be it was and is still one of the best EVER made.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.