Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard today that the 2011 GT will be using the 5.0 powerplant shared by the new coyote and f-150 which means hopefuly pushin upwards to 400hp and upwards of 400tq.....we hope.Has anyone seen or read about this? If the 2011 has that much under the hood and they ditch the plastic lower body molding and eclipse lookin rearend then I see a def. trade in my future.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
there has been speculation about this 5.0 "coyote" engine for the last 6 months. and i'm excited but not going to believe it till i see it show up on a dealer's lot. And i pray its affordable. the standard GT for 2010 is approx $3k more!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Yep. We've been discussing this over in the 2010 forum. The price increase on the 10's seems out of line with the mild improvements made, too. How much would swapping out the 3valve for a DOHC Coyote add to it? The new motor would have to cost more...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it really a good idea to pick one of these up on its first run though? Such a teaser,i would like to learn expensive mistakes from someone else when it comes to this.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
2nd year WOULD be safer, particularly for the Coyote (brand new direct injection technology, not just a displacement increase).

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
and the turbo 3.7 in the base model with 300hp/tq.

the mach1? i thought they were saing now is a great time to bring back the BOSS!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whatever they call it, with 400 HP nat asperated I'm in!!!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't expect any body style changes from 2010 to 11. Or even 2012! Therefore, I will not be on the waiting list, regardless of the motor.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't expect any body style changes from 2010 to 11. Or even 2012! Therefore, I will not be on the waiting list, regardless of the motor.
Good point,I agree.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'll most definitely be waiting for a 2012 GT. I'm one of the few that actually like the new design all around. I've read that the new 5.0 will have an aluminum intake and will be a 32v, not a 24v. I wonder if Ford couldn't get 400hp from a 3v 5.0? I already have an exterior color and interior appointments picked out.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'll most definitely be waiting for a 2012 GT. I'm one of the few that actually like the new design all around.
You're not alone, I took one out yesterday and after being up close and personal with it, all I can say is "It's time to pay down the '08".

Bye bye, Cali Special Edition :wavey

I loved every external angle and the interior really is miles beyond the '05 - '09
The '10's are better cars, 'nuff said!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I agree too, definitely love the looks of that car all around. Although, there are some parts on it that I don't like as much as my '05, but still very sharp imo.

And FYI, if the recent news regarding the part numbers holds true, there is no TT v6 option, no SE edition or BOSS edition or Mach or anything of the sort, just the 3.7L Duratech v6, the 5.0L "Coyote" GT< and the 5.4 L GT500.

·
Registered
766 Posts
And FYI, if the recent news regarding the part numbers holds true, there is no TT v6 option, no SE edition or BOSS edition or Mach or anything of the sort, just the 3.7L Duratech v6, the 5.0L "Coyote" GT< and the 5.4 L GT500.
I would really like to see the new 6.2 become the new shelby motor! It's already ready for production in the F-150 for the "Raptor" edition, why not shoehorn it into the stang?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would really like to see the new 6.2 become the new shelby motor! It's already ready for production in the F-150 for the "Raptor" edition, why not shoehorn it into the stang?

Amen Brotha.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Iread somewhere that the 5.0L will go into the Mustang again, Bill Ford Jr. kind of said that you can get a 400hp Mustang on an interview with MSNBC or whatever that financial channel is. Supposedly the 5.4 L is gone for the Shelby in favor for a supercharged 5.0L also someone found a 2011 5.0L badge part number in the Ford Parts bin. So i'm guessing that it is a deffinate.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Changes

I agree too, definitely love the looks of that car all around. Although, there are some parts on it that I don't like as much as my '05, but still very sharp imo.

Changes will come mid-year 2010 is the word I have. All the upheaval in the economy and with Washington HAS an effect. I also believe Ford is hoping to do part of the R&D on the government nickel (they just applied for $11billion in R&D money from the Dept. of Energy).

This might delay matters for the V6 changeover just enough to get the books in order... Makes sense to me.

I will be happy if they can bring the Coyote GT coupe in for about $30k, but I am doubting that. Low 30's maybe for the base model.

·
Registered
626 Posts
2nd year WOULD be safer, particularly for the Coyote (brand new direct injection technology, not just a displacement increase).
That's what I'm currently thinking and planning for. Direct injection will not appear initially ('11) according to one of the guys that's rock solid & unwavering on his inside info. Who knows.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will be happy if they can bring the Coyote GT coupe in for about $30k, but I am doubting that. Low 30's maybe for the base model.
I would hope that ford is smart enough to keep the prices down because that has been one of the key factors to making the mustang what it is!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.