Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 04 w/ 12,140 miles. I have another car I'm selling also. The two put together will more than pay for the GT500. Question is do I keep or sell? I really enjoy the Cobra but this may be the only time I can get enough money to get a 500 with no payment. Just thinking on this move??

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Man that's a tough decision. I really love the Terminator Cobras, but the new GT500 is sweet. I think you're in a win-win situation. So whatever you decide will be a good choice.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Personally I would buy a ZO6 corvette if I was going to drop 50 large or more...you can pick up an 08 GT500 with almost no miles for about 38K, maybe you can sell one car and have a small note if you get a 08...otherwise go for the gt500

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally I would buy a ZO6 corvette if I was going to drop 50 large or more...you can pick up an 08 GT500 with almost no miles for about 38K, maybe you can sell one car and have a small note if you get a 08...otherwise go for the gt500
I thought about the Z06 for 10 seconds or so, then I wondered where the kids would sit. Wait, they can stay home with mom lol

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
the new stang and GT500 are awesome, but you have to admit the z06 is the unadulterated sports car, aluminum frame, carbon fiber front, biatchin motor and brakes, magnetic shocks...it really is the affordable Ferrari...a GT500 is still a $20K car with 30K of bolt ons.

·
Registered
490 Posts
um ok. so the termi is worth 25K so if you can sell another car for 25K or more.. id just sell the other car and get an 07 GT500 for around 32k! low miles!!

otherwise. id keep the cobra. and just upgrade it alil bit.. whipple SC or KB! and then u can smoke the GT500 and you still have 6spd and u have IRS! :yelpleased:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't even started telling people that I was selling it for a fact and I get this call out of the blue with a offer of $26K. I called a buddy of mine that owns a dealership and he told me about a plan he could hook me up with. Long story short, a '11 GT500 w/ SVT package for $53K out the door.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is a hard choice. Did you take that offer? I would be torn between putting a whipple/kb on it and killing most anything on the road vs spending another 30K and then having to do work to the 500. The newer Z06 would the perfect ride but since you have kids and based on what they are selling for, that's a crap load of money.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a hard choice. Did you take that offer? I would be torn between putting a whipple/kb on it and killing most anything on the road vs spending another 30K and then having to do work to the 500. The newer Z06 would the perfect ride but since you have kids and based on what they are selling for, that's a crap load of money.
I've had several lately asking but the one sure fire offer I got was tempting but I just can't sell it easily. I'm going to give it a few weeks and see what happens. I'm border line of getting a kb or whipple and just keeping it. As soon as the 500 hits here, I will drive one and then make a call.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The new '11 GT500 is super nice, but there will never be a replacement for the Terminator. It's basically reached iconic status now, like the GNX. For the money you save going to the GT500, you can fully build your 04 and make way more power than the GT500.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
The new '11 GT500 is super nice, but there will never be a replacement for the Terminator. It's basically reached iconic status now, like the GNX. For the money you save going to the GT500, you can fully build your 04 and make way more power than the GT500.
You can build the crap out of any car, however the build and ride quality cannot be duplicated on any level as compared to the modern cars; so a 2011 will always drive better than a 03-04 cobra regardless of hp...

·
Registered
396 Posts
You can build the crap out of any car, however the build and ride quality cannot be duplicated on any level as compared to the modern cars; so a 2011 will always drive better than a 03-04 cobra regardless of hp...
I beg to differ. The IRS Cobras are some of the nicest riding Mustangs ever built. I know that I appreciate the way my car handles bumps. That being said, no the 03/04's don't handle as well as the new '11.

I still think that the 03/04 is the best Mustang ever built by Ford. While I really like the '11 GT500, I don't know if its performance justifies its $20K+ price difference over the 03/04.

Maybe the OP should go out and test drive an '11 and if you like it then consider buying one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.