Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2011 Mustang GTCS to the track and my best time was 9.02 and that was against a Camaro that ran 9.22.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
You've got a lot more in that car! If you did a 9.02, you should be able to drop a good second or so.. My 06 GT with way less power is running a an 8.19 in the 1/8th mile. Are you a manual or auto?? Did you play with tire pressure?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wish you had that on video. I love seeing Camaros get smoked. woo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
being only 2week old im still playing around. I will check the air pressure before I run again. thats for the info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow bad typing., I meant thanks for the info. My gtcs is automatic and I do plan on doing some mods under the hood. I can't wait to run her again and would love to get into the low 8's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are times really that low for a 2011 GT V8 Automatic with a 6-spd?

I have one inbound for the wifey who doesn't drive 1/4 mile speeds down to the grocery store. But nice to know because I'll drive it now and again.

Can't give up my 4x4 Ranger Truck because I drive it back and forth to work and need that in my lifestyle as well.

:bigthumbsup
[[[smoke]]]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my husband's best time with her was 8.92. I hope to get a better time at the tree. my best reaction time w/2011 was 7.52. I would like a 5.0 but that will take practice. And I plan on practicing alot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.