Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011 Mustang info from RaySkillman Performance Ford

11K views 90 replies 20 participants last post by  Stang8URMPRT 
#1 ·
Just dropped in and got the info that I could:

They will be ordering the cars in January and the cars will be special ordered. The lot will start filling up with the 5.0 in April.

There will be a $500 price increase at the MAXIMUM but the anticipate no price increases.

Ford is changing the engines in several vehicles, not just the Mustang. A brand loyalty discount MAY be available won't know for 3 or so more weeks but he said it could be likely.

The first few might be hard to get in March but end of March beginning of April is when the cars will pour in, with NO dealer markup.

Nick

#4 ·
Here are the facts:

Wholesale occurs in February (when dealers request cars from the factory) Job One (begining of Mustang production) starts mid-March. 6 weeks would be on the quick side for arrival at dealer's lots - that would be the end of April, assuming that cars are released in the same time frame as a car that has been built for months (unlikely) - typically, a new production model is held at the factory until Ford is comfortable releasing it to the general public.
If it goes flawless, late April arrival is reasonable - I would presume that mid to late May is more realistic.

#5 ·
Just dropped in and got the info that I could:

They will be ordering the cars in January and the cars will be special ordered. The lot will start filling up with the 5.0 in April.

There will be a $500 price increase at the MAXIMUM but the anticipate no price increases.

Ford is changing the engines in several vehicles, not just the Mustang. A brand loyalty discount MAY be available won't know for 3 or so more weeks but he said it could be likely.

The first few might be hard to get in March but end of March beginning of April is when the cars will pour in, with NO dealer markup.

Nick
This salesperson is confused with two different dates:
January is when the order bank opens
March is when the factory begins construction

I would imagine that he meant well - just likely didn't understand what he was referencing...

#6 ·
so how much is this new engine going to add to the price tag? i know that the 2010 mustang is already more expensive than the 2005-2009 one, so i'd imagine another jump in the price. I'd still love to get my hands on a GT for under 30k

#7 ·
As stated they DO NOT expect one, $500 at MAX.

This salesperson is confused with two different dates:
January is when the order bank opens
March is when the factory begins construction

I would imagine that he meant well - just likely didn't understand what he was referencing...
Read again, Juanuary is when they will start ordering cars, late March and beginning of April they will see a few cars. Cars will start stocking up at the dealership towards the end of April, beginning of May.

#10 ·
JA brand loyalty discount MAY be available won't know for 3 or so more weeks but he said it could be likely.

Nick
This may be a dumb question, but could you explain what a brand loyalty discount would be?

#12 ·
I have gotten brand loyality discounts on the last two ford products I got $700.00 when I bought our 09' flex. Got the discount by owning my 99 f-250. Then got 700.00 when I got my 2010 stang for owning flex.I will check with the dealer I bought these vehicles from but I seem to remember I didn't count on trade it was going by what was at home,not sure though. NO where near 2 or 3 grand.There are always some good discount if they apply to you, just ask for a list of them from you dealer.For example if you own a bussiness,attend college,served our country,own a ford.

When I bought my stang got
$700.00 brand loyality
$300.00 owning a business
$2000.00 factory rebates
Had 3 grand before I started on the dealer

#19 ·
How much is the extra HP/torque going to improve your situation? If you race or live where you can open it up all the time, it might be worth it.

Think about it like this. You already have an incredibly smooth, capable V8 in it's last & best configuration - true cold air intake, good mileage, and excellent torque for the size. The stock 2010 chassis & suspension is leaps and bounds above the 2005-2009 straight from the factory, and unless you get the Track Pack 2011 5.0 (or need that kind of machine), you'll simply be getting a new engine with +70 lb. ft. of torque at the crank.

Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

#27 ·
427 is 427hp... not even worth the huge markup.

The suspension is the only nice thing I like about the roush..
All a matter of opion. A compable GT premimun is about 34k. Add on the power and the suspension and then it's a bargin, again in my opion.
Dave

#30 ·
Ok, first you are incorrect - they are not in evansville. And like he said "We anticipated the price to raise over $5,000 on the superduty, but it was only $500. They will NOT raise the price over $500."

Considering Skillman just bought out the left side of auto row - and he already owned sum 9 dealerships (what he must have 13 now..) I promise they know what they are talking about.

You might be a veteran, but the Skillmans have been in the car business longer than you.

#31 ·
Ok, first you are incorrect - they are not in evansville. And like he said "We anticipated the price to raise over $5,000 on the superduty, but it was only $500. They will NOT raise the price over $500."

Considering Skillman just bought out the left side of auto row - and he already owned sum 9 dealerships (what he must have 13 now..) I promise they know what they are talking about.

You might be a veteran, but the Skillmans have been in the car business longer than you.
I'm not here to argue with you - but the gurus at Ray Skillman were $5000 off on their Super Duty guess and two months off on when they told you production will start on the 2011 Mustang... I'll go with what I'm seeing on the order system - and if you had a WsLx sign in, you could read it too!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Mustang GTs before spring priced under $29,000 MSRP, but I just don't see it happening.

#32 ·
Vizon - Lets Wager!!!

2010 Camaro is priced @ $31,595 for the base V8 manual
2010 Mustang is priced @ $28,845 for the base V8 manual

Let's place a small wager on the base price of the 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0 engine and manual 6 speed transmission... my money is on OVER $29,345.... this will be including Destination and Delivery and excluding rebates. We are strictly comparing MSRP to MSRP.

If I am right, you will change your signature to "Bigmunzon is my Mustang Jedi, I should have never doubted him" for a minimum of 30 days or 12 posts, whichever comes last.

If you are right, I will change my sig to something you deem appropriate (save any vulgarities)

$29,400 and less is you winning
$29,401 and over is me winning
Post back if you agree...

#52 ·
Here is what we are wagering...

Let's place a small wager on the base price of the 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0 engine and manual 6 speed transmission... my money is on OVER $29,345.... this will be including Destination and Delivery and excluding rebates. We are strictly comparing MSRP to MSRP.

If I am right, you will change your signature to "Bigmunzon is my Mustang Jedi, I should have never doubted him" for a minimum of 30 days or 12 posts, whichever comes last.

If you are right, I will change my sig to something you deem appropriate (save any vulgarities)

$29,400 and less is you winning
$29,401 and over is me winning
Post back if you agree...
Instant replay...

#33 ·
Im going to wager in and say they start at around $30,500 with dealer mark ups and "add ons" pushing them to the $34,000 to 35,000 range..

And yes they do MARK UP..on new releases.... Or to put another way, they order the more expensive versions with higher profit margins and then charge you a boat load for BS things like "pin stripes" and "1st place finishes"....

If you look for a base priced MSRP, they will simply tell you they dont have any.

Just my 0.2 Cents..

#34 ·
He showed me the order screen lol...

Mine was already over 34 and I have a '10.

I would be surprised to see a $1,000 price jump.

They thought the new Superduty would be much more due to the new diesel regulations and all the new technology. However it was a $500 increase and you expect a v8 to fly up in price? 6 speed's are nothing new, the japs put them in celica's and those were cheap. I fail to see your analogy.

#36 ·
Vizon!!!!

He showed me the order screen lol...

Mine was already over 34 and I have a '10.

I would be surprised to see a $1,000 price jump.

They thought the new Superduty would be much more due to the new diesel regulations and all the new technology. However it was a $500 increase and you expect a v8 to fly up in price? 6 speed's are nothing new, the japs put them in celica's and those were cheap. I fail to see your analogy.
Does that mean that the bet is on?!?

December 2009 NADA book shows 2007 R/C F350 with a base MSRP of 23260 and the same truck in 2009 is listed with a base MSRP of 25315.... Just over four times the $500 increase that Ray told you about.

If it is the 2011 Super Duty pricing you are referencing, the 2010 Diesel option was $7835 - you're telling me that Ray Skillman was expecting the diesel to option at over $12,000?!?

A 2010 F-250 Crew Lariat Short Bed has a Base MSRP of 41,940
A 2011 F-250 Crew Lariat Short Bed has a Base MSRP of 44,095
The diesel remained at the same price of $7835 from 2010 to 2011
I am begining to wonder if ANYTHING Ray Skillman told you is legit...

#35 ·
Marketing and pricing have nothign to do with costs.

The 2011 looks to be a winner, beating the SS in every possible weigh (pun intended) from handling to speed to refinement. The car rags will likely gush over the 2011.

Given that an SS costs nearly 32k i suspect Ford will quickly realize they can trounce the Camaro while making a tidy profit..meaning it should be at LEAST over 30k...from a marketing and competition stand point.

I know, all the info points to it not going up much from a Buisness stand point i think Ford would be foolish not to cash in on beating out the competition a little.

#37 ·
Ray didn't tell me, it was the guy that orders the cars. I am not sure of the technical term but he orders the cars for all of the Ford Store. They currently have sum 150-200 2010 Mustangs alone.

He showed me the order screen, it included the car details just no price yet.

Nick

EDIT: Hold on, it may have been the v10, he kept talking about that. I didn't follow what when he was talking about trucks, all I cared about was the mustang. He was nearly certain there would be NO PRICE INCREASE. I said "are you kidding me, with almost 100 extra hp?" and he said "They are already too damn expensive, you might see a $500 increase but nothing beyond that"

#38 ·
Ray didn't tell me, it was the guy that orders the cars. I am not sure of the technical term but he orders the cars for all of the Ford Store. They currently have sum 150-200 2010 Mustangs alone.

He showed me the order screen, it included the car details just no price yet.

Nick

EDIT: Hold on, it may have been the v10, he kept talking about that. I didn't follow what when he was talking about trucks, all I cared about was the mustang. He was nearly certain there would be NO PRICE INCREASE. I said "are you kidding me, with almost 100 extra hp?" and he said "They are already too damn expensive, you might see a $500 increase but nothing beyond that"
So I take it the bet is on?!? You have still yet to confirm this...

I just looked at his inventory and they have 65 2010 Mustangs - just for perspectinve, I have ONE 2010 Mustang GT and I wish I didn't... I don't envy a dealer that is sitting on 65 units that in 90 days will be underpowered by roughly 100hp...especially not as fast as Mustangs sell in Indy mid-winter....bet

#42 ·
^Why would you want a rock bottom car? I don't know anyone who would want one.

If you use this to drive, the regular interior without leather is no fun. Then again now with the premium package, my mustang is next to a bmw.
1) Its not my daily driver, its for fun. My Daily driver has all the bells and whistles. 2) Having less hardware in he dash and electronics, means less repair bills, less maintanece and over all less headaches. I owned a 1965 Mustang and i can assure you..these do not need GPS and power seats to be fun to drive..that has NOTHING TO DO with the spirit of these cars. 3) I saved a good $3k or 4K on my car this way, making it around $80 a month less. 4) Having less on it makes i lighter and thus FASTER. 5) i WOULD not be caught dead in a Mustang GT automatic...Automatic what??? What is the fun in that? 6) Have you ever sat on a Leather seat when it was 110 Degrees in souther SC or Ga? When its so hot you have to take a rag off he seat and use it to hold the steering wheel because the steering wheel will burn your hands...just once and you will NEVER want leather again. Plus leather shows cracks and tears easier than cloth. I will NEVER buy a car with leather as long as i live in the South. 7) I never turn the radio up very loud as i PREFER TO LISTEN to the sound of the engine (call me crazy) so why do i need a shaker? 8)Interior lighting is superfulous and unnecessary 9) My iphone is my GPS and it gets real time TRAFFIC UPDATES AND AUTO RE-ROUTING..plus it goes with me in all my cars so why pay for a second GPS? 9) most of the extra info on the data center is also superfulous and again, didnt have it on muscle cars of yore...and are NOT NEEDED for the experience. 10) The base model all ready comes with power everything inlcuding TPS monitoring and traction control and Dynamic stability control. 11) Base already comes with an aux jack for my iphone tunes should i want to listen (at low levels) 12) From the outside, both cars look identical. 13) i REALLY love my dark interior..i know the leather comes in dark but i dont think leather looks as good unless its the lighter grays and tan shades. 14) They sound identical and drive identical (pretty much all that matters to me for a sports car).

Should i give you reasons 15-25 of do you have your answer? :smartass:

#45 ·
double post........

#47 ·
I have the bluetooth, with the sync package, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I listen to my iPhone wirelessly, get vehicle health reports wirelessly, talk to people (WITH NO PROBLEMS), etc.

Did you want 15-25 reasons why most people don't buy a base?

EDIT: Ok, the iPhone GPS is nothing to brag about. From first hand experience since the 3g was released it is a pain in the ass. It works well "sometimes" but then you have the lagginess, crashes, and it is SO SLOW loading the map anywherr even 1hr away. I can't imagine using that for a road trip. I doesn't even tell you to turn left or right, so unless you know what roads are approaching you a screwed. Did I mention your phone will die in a few hours?

Thus TOMTOM made the iPhone connector with a better GPS chip inside. http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2009/06/tomtom-iphone-app.gif This system costs over $100 dollars. The TOMTOM hands cover the GPS chip.

If the iphone GPS worked seamlessly this would not be on the market, especially with this kind of pricepoint.

If weight is your main concern, have you removed the backseat yet? The only item that weights a significant amount is the shaker 1000 sub. I don't call an auto tranny a "premium feature" I have all the amenities with the manual tranny.

#82 ·
I have the bluetooth, with the sync package, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I listen to my iPhone wirelessly, get vehicle health reports wirelessly, talk to people (WITH NO PROBLEMS), etc.

Did you want 15-25 reasons why most people don't buy a base?

EDIT: Ok, the iPhone GPS is nothing to brag about. From first hand experience since the 3g was released it is a pain in the ass. It works well "sometimes" but then you have the lagginess, crashes, and it is SO SLOW loading the map anywherr even 1hr away. I can't imagine using that for a road trip. I doesn't even tell you to turn left or right, so unless you know what roads are approaching you a screwed. Did I mention your phone will die in a few hours?

Thus TOMTOM made the iPhone connector with a better GPS chip inside. http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2009/06/tomtom-iphone-app.gif This system costs over $100 dollars. The TOMTOM hands cover the GPS chip.

If the iphone GPS worked seamlessly this would not be on the market, especially with this kind of pricepoint.

If weight is your main concern, have you removed the backseat yet? The only item that weights a significant amount is the shaker 1000 sub. I don't call an auto tranny a "premium feature" I have all the amenities with the manual tranny.
The iphone Navigon system works perfectly, better than ANY factory GPS i have ever seen and better than the 3 previous stand alone GPS i have had including Garman and Magellin...got it for 69Bucks and another 19 for the real time traffic re-routing..goes in all 3 of my vehicles or any rental car...and works better to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.