Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need thoughts, nitrous on a daily driver 2011 mustang gt. I got CAL, sct and full exhaust. I got around 2,000 to spend. I either doing that or saving for a whipple supercharger...
Mod advice will b very appreciated

·
Registered
218 Posts
unless you're making regular runs at the drag strip, save for the supercharger.
This. Nitrous isnt for everyday use so unless you do a lot of drag racing, hold out for a SC.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I would go for nitrous. $1000 vs $6000 for about the same performance. I know that people say that nitrous is for drag strip but so is a blower and turbo. This cars have more than enough power n/a for great street fun even on a nitrous tune. If you need to show someone next to you some power then have a remote bottle opener. And nitrous hits so hard. I can't wait to slap a 150 shot to my car. By the way the plate setup from nx for the coyote is a beauty.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would look at nitrous outlets setups. They have a 2011 mustang specific plate kit that mounts between the TB and IM. With the solenoids attached to the plate. I was looking at building a kit through them with all of the goodies. The total was less then 2k and included the bottle, lines, relays, fpss, progressive controller, window switches, bottle warmer, purge kit, blow down tube, bottle warmer, bottle bracket and a switch pannel that mounts in the compartment under the arm rest that looks pretty finished. This is what I think you would need for a complete setup to take full advantage of the nitrous but the basic kit can be had for around 750.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ZEX 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Nitrous System

Yea im kinda in the same boat. Looking at zex lamota made some good numbers in there test. Never had nitorus. Its not my dd but relaibilty is still an issue. But what goes on can come off :)

For 700 bucks and prob less then a grand for install and tunning. Im sold...

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
"IT'S NOS YOU NOOB! It's NOS not nitrous. What the hell is nitrous anyway?"

^^ A true youtube comment that was posted to me by some buster.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well it is nos.. nitrous oxide system.

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
well it is nos.. nitrous oxide system.

Well yes lol, but when most enthusiasts and tuners that I've talked to here the term "NOS" they think of the brand, not the nitrous systems or N2O. :winks Because how many companies out there supply nitrous systems? Edlebrock, NOS, Speedtech, DNS, ZEX...I know one guy out here at one of the Dyno shops freaks OUT every time he hears the term NOS unless you really mean the brand Nitrous Oxide Systems.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
You'll need some SERIOUS tires and suspension to hook with a decent hit off of a plate! (good problem to have, I guess)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts