Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, kinda boring - but I think necessary. Anyone recommend a particular set of mud flaps? Need to be unobtrusive but effective.

G

·
Did Pete pay you to start this thread? :headscratch: Or are you trying to overthrow the mudflap king in a hostile takeover? :D

To each his own... :yup: putting them on yours just makes my car look even better.... :shigrin Only kidding, only kiddinggggggg....

You'll get lots of help, many people have them on their Mustangs... If I was going to get them (not that I would:grinroll:) I'd get the body color ones.... that are painted to match your cars color. :bigthumbsup

· Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear splash guards/mud flaps for the GT500 will fit on a 2011 GT rear? I think those look really good.

· Registered
2,369 Posts
They don't look good!

Unless you are trying to hide thin rear wheels lik on a base STI or something like that.

Kinda silly like those fake hood cable thingys.

· Registered
23 Posts
I'm a little bummed...

Bought what was listed as AR3Z-16A550-AA splash guards for my 2011 GT (yes, you can hate me) from eBay because I have friends that live on dirt roads and the dirt on rear valence/bumper is a pain in the butt.

Said that same part number on the OEM sealed package. Tried to install them, and they don't fit. The part number actually molded into the plastic of them is AR3J-16A263-AAW...so...I'm confused. Spent 25mins, and there is no way they are the right ones.

Returning for refund, and ordering some through the dealer.

BTW, 131km/h in 100km/h zone ticket today, $230CDN, 4 demerit points. Yay. My first ticket ever in 10 yrs driving :( Haha
Edit: That's what I was CLOCKED doing, anyways...

· Registered
23 Posts
Update: Tried once more for 15min, still not right. I'm not happy. Is the bumper on a 2011 GT track pack different than normal or something? :cursing:

I would assume that the plastic of the splash guard would have the same contour as the car's lower fascia/bumper? They are OEM parts, 3 holes, one you are supposed to drill into the car for a stud to go in, 'new' style pony logo embossed. Now I'm sure I could *make* them fit, but they look like crap they way they 'fit' just now.

If anyone has a 2010/2011 with splash guards installed, please post pics so I can confirm I'm not crazy...thx!

· Registered
2,369 Posts
This is why I just don't trust buying anything for the 2011 yet.. it seems all they've done is changed all the " good for 05-10" to " good for 05-11", just changing the 10 to an 11 and not really updaging the parts per se.

Hope you get 'em to work, but you might have to wait until an actual '11 part is made for it.

· Registered
581 Posts
Update: Tried once more for 15min, still not right. I'm not happy. Is the bumper on a 2011 GT track pack different than normal or something? :cursing:

I would assume that the plastic of the splash guard would have the same contour as the car's lower fascia/bumper? They are OEM parts, 3 holes, one you are supposed to drill into the car for a stud to go in, 'new' style pony logo embossed. Now I'm sure I could *make* them fit, but they look like crap they way they 'fit' just now.

If anyone has a 2010/2011 with splash guards installed, please post pics so I can confirm I'm not crazy...thx!
They fit just fine ('10 GT500 guards)....No drilling either. Sounds like the may be mis-packaged...What pony logo?

· Registered
978 Posts
To be honest those flaps do not look that bad..... they fit the car's style.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just ordered from Ford dealer a pair of rear mud flaps for the 2011 GT - part no. is AR3Z-16A550-AC for $45.36. Won't be in for a week or so. Another dealer told me the company that makes Ford accessories went out of business, and Ford trying to find replacement, so nothing available right now.

Won't know till I get them what they look like - I think they are plain, but stick out more than the ones in the photos above. My wheels are offset 3/4 inch more than stock, so i get a LOT of crap sprayed up on car when it's wet out. Once it starts raining in earnest here in Seattle, the car will be a mess without mud flaps. Need front ones more than rear, but apparently Ford does not make any front flaps.

· Registered
365 Posts
I was hoping to get some of the wide mudflaps with chrome naked chicks on them, to go along with my trailer hitch. Already have the 8 ft CB antennas and little boat propeller on order for the receiver.......:hihi:

J/K.

Those look great, Mr. Modshack!

Mike

· Registered
23 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I bought the Ford factory flaps and they wouildn't work. Had right contours but stuck out 1/2" or more from ther body and holes wouldn't line up. I returned them,hope they come out with some that fit ????
Must have had the same issue I did

· Registered
593 Posts
Next mod: train horn with hidden air compressor! Diesel engine?

· Registered
12,200 Posts
They don't look good!

Unless you are trying to hide thin rear wheels lik on a base STI or something like that.

Kinda silly like those fake hood cable thingys.
1000% wrong, they actually provide some protection against rocks and road grit. With the molded ones, you can barely notice them.

· Registered
532 Posts
I was hoping to get some of the wide mudflaps with chrome naked chicks on them, to go along with my trailer hitch. Already have the 8 ft CB antennas and little boat propeller on order for the receiver.......:hihi:

J/K.

Those look great, Mr. Modshack!

Mike
That took longer than I thought...

· Registered
671 Posts

I have Ford rear mud guards on my 2006 GT, and they look good. These are necessary if you are going to keep your Mustang for a long time because they protect the rear quarter panel paint. Get the Ford mud guards! They are a bit pricey at about $45, but they fit well.

· Registered
581 Posts
They're pretty subtle on the car....These are the '10 GT500 parts

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.