Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah the gt 350 lol. Thanks, dang they got it down to 10.58. That is one fast mustang with a few bolt ons. I wonder what else would need to be done to get into 10's? Would the car still be street legal?

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
actually i have heard of guys running close to that compression with turbo/supercharged cars,its just all in the tune and the tune has to be dead on,but it can be done.hell i had a 10:1 331 with a old d1r procharger on it and ran 12lbs of boost,added meth injection to it and gen 7 tuned by steve petty and ran 5.80's driving it to the track,like i said tune just has to be dead on

·
Registered
653 Posts
As of now the naturally aspired will be available at the end of this summer. The forced air no time announced. Shelby has had this car for some time now, and I know the story, but he is coming out with a naturally aspired model first. Now if he had planed on a naturally aspired model from the beginning I would not smell trouble.

Back in 2005 when the 4.6 came out it took Ford Racing over a year to come out a power adder but Paxton had a turbo charger available in less than a year.

Heck do like the ricers do, supercharge anything and blow it up.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
really doesnt surprise me at all! Ford hit this one outta the park!

·
Registered
653 Posts
really doesnt surprise me at all! Ford hit this one outta the park!
We owe this all to Obama and the GM bail out. If the Camaro SS wasn't 1.0 faster than a 4.6 I doubt it would have happened. This 2011 Mustang GT is the best Mustang ever. I never thought I would see the day again when the factories would under state the horse power of their cars to make the insurance man happy.

This is a common man's car yet big time auto magazines have compared it to a Maserati with a straight face. They have said the engine is too good for a Mustang. It is difficult to turn off the stability control but it can be done. If the nose pickers figure out how turn it off there will be a bunch of parts available in the junk yards. :run_over:This is too much car for the price.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sure wish i could afford to get one! Maybe one day.......in about 10 years :laugh:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I just read another article about a guy eating Corvettes on a road course. Of course he was the instructor and running with advanced armatures. Still OMG; I want one but my GT is only 17 months old. Look out 2014 50th anniversary Mustang GT.

In a review of the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0, I perhaps foolishly opined that “C5 Z06 pilots will need to find a twisty road lest they be run nose-to-tail down long freeway sprints.” Now I’ve found myself fifty feet behind an enthusiastically-driven C5 Z06, and it’s squatting with full throttle up Shenandoah’s Bridge Straight. This will be a straight drag race, and for extra irony it’s going to occur on a road course. Four tires chirp. Sixteen cylinders sing. Forty to one hundred and ten miles per hour. Up a hill. Was I wrong? Can the mighty five-point-oh hunt for Corvettes?
Track Test: 2011 Mustang V8 w/Brembo Brakes | The Truth About Cars

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.