Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.

·
Registered
76 Posts
From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.
That is basically what Ford CS told me on the phone today....but that does not explain all the GTs being received by members recently, and the multitudes that are arriving at dealerships.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!

·
Registered
567 Posts
WHAT THE HECK!!! I ordered my car March 29th I am not waiting for almost 4 months for my car no way! I will be canceling if this is proven to be true!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
i ordered my car may 19th i get it the 24th of june. its already shipped. last time i checked it was in indiana. that is only 1 month to get my car. my dealer is the ****!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!
:bigthumbsup I agree 100% he only has 1 post. probably a slomaro owner.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Give us the name of this zone manager, and the name of your dealer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.
Sorry to hear. That has to be pretty frustrating. Some people who ordered in March/April have already received their cars. GL

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey guys,this is just my input.ordered gt 5.0 premium convertible on 3/27,was built 4/26,1st deliv. date was 5/4,then 5/14,then 5/27,now 6/14.On 6/1 my dealer told me all 5.0's were being held for quality inspections and wouldn't be released until 6/20 per Ford.BUT,not only have they been trickleing onto the lots here in south east WI ,now my dealer tells me he's expecting it any day.My understanding through multiple dealers is a delivery date means "the week of"the date given to you.All in all I'm pretty frustrated now with how Ford is handling this...I will be makeing a call tommorrow and will throw out as much info here as i can get.Just sayin

·
Registered
240 Posts
My car was built on 5/23 and has been sitting at ramp 51 since. The latest update has an ETA of 6/2 (2 weeks ago). I'm giving Ford until 7/19 when I return from a trip, if the car isn't here or on a train by then Ford can kiss my royal Irish arse!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is the first post from a guy who calls himself "Dickster."

Sorry but the BS meter is pegged on this one.

Greg

·
Registered
244 Posts
BS. My car was built 6/3, left the plant and was in AZ yesterday. So there is no stop ship. Also there are many cars with VINs < 127nnn that have reached their owners already. So there may be some cars on hold, but it's not a general stop ship. The dealer should either shut up or give specific VINs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK, I've been watching my order now for some time.
Last week, my dealer, told me that he expected my car 'any day'.
I think he's unaware of this factory hold or he is worried I may ask for my deposit back. So.... today I called Ford Customer Service.
They answered on the first ring.
I was asked my Last-Name and VIN#. I got the impression that they had my name.

He confirmed that my car was indeed built on the date shown in the upper left corner of my window sticker. He also confirmed that the car is being held at the factory because it is a new engine, and they are putting all the GTs through a complete QA after the production line. He had no release date to give me, or any idea of how/when they are releasing GTs to ship. He was very nice. I expressed my frustration. He told me that they are doing the same process with a new engine, (diesel), on a new F-250, or some such vehicle.
I asked if they had an 'auto-notify' via email or SMS, but was told, no. But it's perfectly fine to call them anytime. He could not tell me if it was on Ramp-51, or anywhere else, just that it was still listed as 'Not released from the factory'.
Ford Customer Service #: 800-392-3673

I'm guessing that they are being super-careful to have everything go perfectly, since the internet is so powerful in revealing any defects.

Anyway, my ordering info is:
Mustang GT Premium, Glass Roof, 64V Wheels, Comfort, Safety, White/Black.
Ordered: 4/16/2010
Built: 5/19/2010
Waiting in Flat Rock MI: as of 6/15/2010

- I'll update the forum when I get an update.
Good luck to all you fellow 'waiters'.
I do think that the wait is worth it, but that Ford should be more informative to their loyal customers.

-RadioRich

·
Registered
58 Posts
Brembo package cars on hold

Today my dealer told me that all Brembo package cars are on hold (to build) because of a shortage of 19" Pirelli tires. He claimed the Pirelli is behind as a result of the volcano situation in Europe. He also said that all other "build" holds had been resolved.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ford CS is STILL reporting (as of yesterday) the 7/25 date. The OP was NOT full of BS. While the FACTS my say otherwise, that IS the party line from Ford CS.

What's ridiculous about all this is that it IS public knowledge that cars are shipping and being sold. So whomever at Ford thought broadcasting a 7/25 release date was a good idea is an absolute moron who probably hates computers and doesn't think the Internet will catch on.

Cut the dickster some slack. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
VIN# = Window Sticker link

Ok Not sure if I missed this post before or not or if I was the only one that didnt know this, but I just found the link today. If you add your VIN# after the = on this link below you will see your window sticker. I know it works as my window sticker has my name on it. TO COOL...:grinroll:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

B.S. on the ship hold ****.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well people I'm back like I said I would be and WTF! Here it is take it or leave it...Per the SUPERVISOR of the FoMoCo Rep. for my regions dealerships 1.ALL 5.0 GT'S WILL BE HELD UNTIL 7/27 FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE CHECKS(I heard there is a glitch in the motor to correct)2.ALL 5.0'S ALLREADY ON LOTS AND DELIVERED TO OWNERS WILL BE RECALLED OR TSB'D.3.RETAIL ORDERS WILL HAVE FIRST PRIORITY THEN DEALER STOCK ORDERS,THE EARLIER YOUR ORDER DATE THE BETTER,MY ORDER DATE WAS 3/27.ALTHOUGH THEY SAID 7/27 EARLIEST SHIP DATE, HE BELIEVES THIS TO BE STOCK ORDERS FOR DEALERS.SOMEHOW,GM OF DEALERSHIP WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT THRU THIS GUY THAT MY ORDER OF 3/27 IS IN FIRST "BATCH" TO BE "CHECKED" OR POSSIBLY HAS BEEN"CHECKED" ALREADY AND WILL SHIP NEAR END OF JUNE NOT F***ING END OF JULY.I live in Wisconsin and have a limited convertible season...Ford better get off there ass and get moving on what they pumped us all up for!Personally,if I don't have my drop top by EARLY July,I will drop my order and wait 'till next spring and try again and order a 2012!Also,I understand it's a new powertrain(one under development for 4 YEARS!)and there can be issues.I definitely want ANY issues taken care of AT the factory.One thing for sure,before I take delivery I will want to know what the "glitch" issue was in the 5.0 motor.I'm excited and anxious as hell to get my hands on this car and I know this car will be everything AND more that I have come to expect from it...I'm just tired of hearing 2 more weeks over and over!UUGGGGHHHH!!I'LL BE IN HEAVEN DRIVING MY CAR HOME FROM THE DEALERSHIP IF FORD CAN GET IT THERE!WOULDN'T HAVE MY UNDIES IN A BUNDLE IF I LIVED IN A SOUTHERN CLIMATE.PEACE OUT! :) DEALER-GORDIE BOUCHER FORD OF WEST BEND #262-338-3379 GM CHRIS, NEW CAR SALES MGR. RANDY,My sales guy Paul Porter. Give 'em call

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.