Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, I've been watching my order now for some time.
Last week, my dealer, told me that he expected my car 'any day'.
I think he's unaware of this factory hold or he is worried I may ask for my deposit back. So.... today I called Ford Customer Service.
They answered on the first ring.
I was asked my Last-Name and VIN#. I got the impression that they had my name.

He confirmed that my car was indeed built on the date shown in the upper left corner of my window sticker. He also confirmed that the car is being held at the factory because it is a new engine, and they are putting all the GTs through a complete QA after the production line. He had no release date to give me, or any idea of how/when they are releasing GTs to ship. He was very nice. I expressed my frustration. He told me that they are doing the same process with a new engine, (diesel), on a new F-250, or some such vehicle.
I asked if they had an 'auto-notify' via email or SMS, but was told, no. But it's perfectly fine to call them anytime. He could not tell me if it was on Ramp-51, or anywhere else, just that it was still listed as 'Not released from the factory'.
Ford Customer Service #: 800-392-3673

I'm guessing that they are being super-careful to have everything go perfectly, since the internet is so powerful in revealing any defects.

Anyway, my ordering info is:
Mustang GT Premium, Glass Roof, 64V Wheels, Comfort, Safety, White/Black.
Ordered: 4/16/2010
Built: 5/19/2010
Waiting in Flat Rock MI: as of 6/15/2010

- I'll update the forum when I get an update.
Good luck to all you fellow 'waiters'.
I do think that the wait is worth it, but that Ford should be more informative to their loyal customers.

-RadioRich
Mine was built exactly one month before yours. I called CS yesterday and got an entirely different story, with a promise of a call from a supervisor later in the day....which never came, of course. Bottom line, they said no GTs would be shipped before late July...which is obviously not true. I think CS just makes this stuff up as they go along. My ETA has been 5/4 since 5/4.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Kozz, thanks for the info, so am I hearing this right? No 5.0's will be shipped at all before July 27th? I talked to CS today, and told her I want to drop the order and re order a new one if I would get it faster! She said that some are coming out right now, and that July is really pushing it! I am sick of this ring around! So you mean to tell me Ford I won't see my car until July 27th ARE YOU CRAZY! I ORDERED 3/29! ARGHHH

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey I talked to my Michigan rep today. He said the cars were already sorted out. Retail and stock. I didn't know why they would do that, but your posting explains that. I also am a 3/29 car with brembos. So while chatting with some higher ups, they said my GT should be released by the end of the week for shipping. They thought I would see it next week as I live in Michigan. Ronn

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Ronn, did anyone mention anything that might be holding back automatic cars? I ordered a GT Premium with only options being the Brushed Aluminum Rims and Auto tranny! I hope they are right about releasing our 3/29 cars! Thanks for the info that helps me a little with worrying about July being a release date!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Ron, I forgot to ask you what day was yours manufactured? I did not know if 3/29 was the day it was built Mine was built 5/14

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kozz is full of crap. There is no all-inclusive GT hold.

My GT was shipped this Monday and will be here very soon. Here is a quote from an ACTUAL FORD DEALER:

2011 Mustang Launch
Over the last several weeks, the 2011 Mustang has gained solid momentum as awareness grows for our latest product enhancements and as many launch elements unfold for the summer months. In fact, as many of you know, Mustang outsold Camaro for the month of May, the first time this year we've achieved leadership in the Sports Car segment.

As with all new product launches, we are making every effort to ensure the highest quality of early build units. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011MY Mustang orders, particularly retail units. As of today:

·We are currently building and shipping all Mustangs - V6, GT and GT500
·
All currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) and will be shipped by the end of June.

In addition to capturing one month of Mustang Leadership, we are seeing other very good trends with 2011MY Mustang:
·Segment market share has been on an upward trend since February
·Between April and May, Mustang share was up 5ppts

We appreciate your continued support of our 2011 Mustang launch efforts, and you have our continued commitment to deliver the highest quality, the best value and hottest performance for Mustang, both on and off the track. Thank you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok Not sure if I missed this post before or not or if I was the only one that didnt know this, but I just found the link today. If you add your VIN# after the = on this link below you will see your window sticker. I know it works as my window sticker has my name on it. TO COOL...:grinroll:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

B.S. on the ship hold ****.
OK, I'll answer. Especially since you created a new thread on this forum (or was it the other one that I read). I can't say that everyone knows about the link cause there could always be others that post before reading much on the forum but the link has been posted multiple times. It's definitely pretty well known.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey JOKER,THINK what you want, your quote is correct and it FOLLOWS right after what I posted.All ford dealerships received same the thing today from ford corporate.Go to ANY dealer and they should have your info. and my info.on the same page.HARDCARD.B-4 you tell me I'm full of crap,call my dealer and see what he says.You can apologize tommorrow as there not open right now.Not trying to stir any body up,just passing on the latest info. from my dealer as of today who by the way I have a great relationship with...and I TRUST! Here's hoping everybody get's there cars tommorrow!ALSO READ MY POST AND COMPREHEND(that means understand)DIDN'T I SAY RETAIL ORDERS OLDEST TO NEWEST HAVE PRIORITY WITH SHIP AT END OF JUNE?!LOL! IF YOU HAVE A.D.D JUST FIND #3 AND READ FROM THERE.GEEESH

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey BLUBYU and RONN,Your order dates and mine (3/27) are for the most part the same so here's hoping I see ya on the road at the end of June!

·
Registered
567 Posts
to be honest each opinion is going to vary from dealer to dealer I think no dealer actually knows what they are talking about and this is starting to piss me off Royally! It's ridiculous! Ford just needs to be upfront!

·
Registered
130 Posts
to be honest each opinion is going to vary from dealer to dealer I think no dealer actually knows what they are talking about and this is starting to piss me off Royally! It's ridiculous! Ford just needs to be upfront!
That quote I posted was relayed to us by a dealer. It's word for word from FORD HQ, not a dealer's own personal scribblings.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have just been overcome with joy. I logged into the vehicle locater( I have done this way to many times to count) and my car is now in transit after a month and a half of awaiting shipments and sent offsite. I spoke with a transporter the other day at the dealership and he said it takes them 2 days to get it here. I am so ready!

·
Registered
67 Posts
how are you guys using this vehicle locator website and/ or seeing your window stickers?I tried one I saw here tonite and it didn't work.please advise,thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would like to know about the vehicle locator, and Kozz I did have the window sticker lookup link but cannot seem to find it again! Hopefully someone will post you a link to see that window sticker! Can someone help a fellow stanger out and maybe send me the locator website link in a private message so no one gets shut down! I am begging you please let me know of a way to track my car, I even tried to look for it through Microsoft sync and activated that but no luck! Customer service knows me on a first name basis is seems like now!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Today my dealer told me that all Brembo package cars are on hold (to build) because of a shortage of 19" Pirelli tires. He claimed the Pirelli is behind as a result of the volcano situation in Europe. He also said that all other "build" holds had been resolved.
I ordered May 18th with the Brembo package and my car was built last Wednesday. Maybe I got lucky?

Greg

·
Registered
185 Posts
What about those of us that ordered in February and haven't seen or heard squat?

So much for prioritization.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thats right MK Pony, I did not mean to leave you guys out I believe they should get you Jan and feb guys then get us march guys, and get this thing on the ball in order!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Kozz, my dealer also called today, pretty close after the Ford rep did. Both, yes both said end of June for me. Also when Ford HQ called last week, she said 2 weeks, your car should be released. So it sounds like 2 weeks for us left at the factory. Hopefully i will see my car at the end of next week. Yes hopefully we will be riding around insted of stuck on the net looking for info!!!! Ronn

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey, guys. When I called Ford CS, the last update on my GT is dated 5/21 (ordered 5/4). It had been built. Orig was scheduled for 6/3 shipment. Now???

Would like to try the VIN # = window sticker link, but the link doesn't work. I get a webpage not found message. Is it really a good link?

Help would be appreciated.

Oh! Nevermind!

Your gotta put your own VIN in coyote's web address. Saw it in your other post, coyote. Works for me!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.