Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading the August issue of 5.0. Ford racing has a roots style supercharger ready for our 11 mustangs. doesn't say how much power it have just says substantial horsepower improvements. no price. did say heads are coming also.:bounce2:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
And so it begins..........

·
Registered
442 Posts
very interesting i can wait to see what #'s a blower can do for the new 5.0 and the v6

·
Registered
97 Posts
5.0 has a compression ratio of 11.1 as is....Can't imagine a supercharger will have much boost for the 5.0

·
Registered
2 Posts
5.0 has a compression ratio of 11.1 as is....Can't imagine a supercharger will have much boost for the 5.0

OMG would people stop saying that ?!?! I don't think anybody on this forums didn't know that, but it has been said again and again this engine was engineered to run on low amounts of boost.

5.0 coyote + 6lbs of boost = 450 -500 rwhp range.... That's plenty of power especially considering what people have done with the 11' gt's with that amount of power .

·
Registered
23 Posts
yep.

The Shelby GT350 sports the whipple/Ford blower and it is rated at about 7psi with hp ratings of over 550 depending how its tuned. A friend of mine has seen it first hand and talked to the tech guys working with it, they all love the blower setup and say 7psi is safe. The only problem is they go through clutches like cheap brake pads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
OMG would people stop saying that ?!?! I don't think anybody on this forums didn't know that, but it has been said again and again this engine was engineered to run on low amounts of boost.
Sure it was engineered to run with low amounts of boost. The titanic was engineered not to sink too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The Shelby GT350 sports the whipple/Ford blower and it is rated at about 7psi with hp ratings of over 550 depending how its tuned. A friend of mine has seen it first hand and talked to the tech guys working with it, they all love the blower setup and say 7psi is safe. The only problem is they go through clutches like cheap brake pads.

I wonder if Shelby used the stock internals or replaced them with something stronger. :?:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm glad they have something out already. I believe Steve Saleen has created one as well. I guess we'll just have to see which one makes the most power!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't even picked up my V6 yet and I'm already trying to plan what I'm going to do to it :)

can't wait to hear more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you run methanol injection, you will be able to hit 8 or 10 pounds of boost... The Methanol will not only help keep the entire engine cooler but also make pump gas turn into race gas... Forget all about the high compression issues once you have the race gas!!!

Can you imagine the amount of power you would have..!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah Ford has had them out, i coulda picked one up when i got mine but they havnt released much info on them and well i m still holding out for the supershaker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.