Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone.
I just created this for this question but will later update my profile.
I have a 2011 Mustang v6 premium with ONLY 38,000 miles.

I was driving down the highway and I heard a sudden noise and felt the car move just a little so I look around thinking it was a flat tire. It wasn't a flat tire so I kept on driving. Later that night I left my house again and when I was backing out of my driveway I felt my car pull a little like it was the transmission.

So, later that night I was at my location and had been there for about 4 hours. It was around 30 degrees outside so when I got back in my car I turned the heat on for about 5 mins. WELL, about 2-3 mins AFTER I turned it OFF, the heat all the sudden comes BACK on FULL blast while I'm driving not touching anything other then the wheel (I didn't have it on full blast before). The lights on the buttons for the heat were not on. Also there was temperatures readings on my radio display screen (not the navigation) reading 88 on both corners which has NEVER came on before when I've had the AC on, and the outside temperature was reading 00 degrees which was way off! I tried to turn the heat off but it wouldn't let me. When I turned the car off and then back on it let me control it! I drove it to ford and the Heat worked fine but still didn't seem to ride right. Could this be two different problems?

When I took it to Ford the next morning they looked at me like I was an idiot!
This isn't the only problem with my car but this is the major one that I am worried about. Ford has had my car for 2 days now and I haven't heard back with an answer and I'm just really curious on what it may be and whats its going to cost? I wish i would have bought the extended warranty now.

If anyone has/had this problem or knows a decent amount about cars PLEASE let know!
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Welcome to AFM...I'm moving this to the 2011+ section for a quicker response.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking it could be the computer because I've have a rough idle and was going to get it fixed but I thought it was an o2 sensor so I wasn't in the biggest hurry. I read online that a broken computer can cause a rough idle on the newer motors.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I can't explain the weird feeling trans or the strange movement you felt, but I have had the AC/heat system go wild like that. I somehow hit a combo of buttons that caused the system to go into some sort of check mode. I don't remember which buttons I pressed to make it happen but I wouldn't be worried by it.

The other items you should certainly have checked out

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Further research shows that I pressed defrost and power together to put the system into test mode (as I suspected)

It caught me off guard the first time, as I'm sure it did you as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for responding. You could be right it may not be anything. Ford has the car still and I haven't heard back and will be calling them soon. I'm just worried about it because if it's the computer I don't want my headlights or something to go out while I'm driving. I drive a decent amount at night! I'm glad it has happened to someone else though because I can't seem to find anyone that has the same issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never made it out!

Ok... I know this isn't a good thing, and I'm pissed but at the same time I'm laughing!

Ford called and said they hooked it to a computer and it didn't show any signs of a problem but they said they updated the computer and then fixed a loose connection on the battery. I didn't think that would do much but went with it.

Paid and left but didn't make it out of the parking lot! They had the AC on and it was 70 degrees so i wanted to cruze with the windows down so I turned it off. Well right before i was about to pull into traffic out of the ford dealer it came on! Scared the piss out of me! I made a U turn and Stepped on the gas trying to get them to see it before it cut off!

They saw it, said they have never seen anything like it!!! Not a good sign, 2 times in just 3 days and I haven't even had it those 3 days!!

Anyway PLEASE if anyone has any more ideas let me know!!!
Ford doesn't have a clue and its back in the shop and I still don't have a Car!

Thanks in advance!!!

F

·
0 Posts
Ok... I know this isn't a good thing, and I'm pissed but at the same time I'm laughing!

Ford called and said they hooked it to a computer and it didn't show any signs of a problem but they said they updated the computer and then fixed a loose connection on the battery. I didn't think that would do much but went with it. ...
They saw it, said they have never seen anything like it!!! Not a good sign, 2 times in just 3 days and I haven't even had it those 3 days!!

Anyway PLEASE if anyone has any more ideas let me know!!!
Ford doesn't have a clue and its back in the shop and I still don't have a Car!

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi KonaStang255,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts