Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I just got my new 2011 Grey Mustang from a dealer here in DE and I love it. I had one as a rental when I was travelling for business and when I got back home I just had to pick one up...I know it worked.

I was so enamored with the car when I was travelling for business I didnt pay much attention to the transmission other than the fact that I was really impressed with the car. I have only had my car for a week at this point and I have started to notice something strange. It shifts smooth and gets up and goes but when its shifting between 3rd and 4th gear the rpms drop about a half of 1 rpm almost as if it is shifting but I dont think it is. It continues to shift up through the gears and if I count from 1st gear when all is said and done I land in 7th gear! I dont think that is "overdrive" :) but I could be wrong?

That being said I have tried to watch it under multiple scenarios from not much gas to a decent amount (still in the break in period) and it does the same thing every time, just seems to "slip" or "shift" into some mysterious gear and then continue on.

I apologize if this was posted before as I spent a good hour searching for it in the forums and would appreciate any input or links to other posts if I missed it. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and setting up an appointment unless I hear otherwise from you gentlemen.

P.S. yes I used google as well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I just got my new 2011 Grey Mustang from a dealer here in DE and I love it. I had one as a rental when I was traveling for business and when I got back home I just had to pick one up...I know it worked.

I was so enamored with the car when I was traveling for business I didn't pay much attention to the transmission other than the fact that I was really impressed with the car. I have only had my car for a week at this point and I have started to notice something strange. It shifts smooth and gets up and goes but when its shifting between 3rd and 4th gear the rpms drop about a half of 1 rpm almost as if it is shifting but I don't think it is. It continues to shift up through the gears and if I count from 1st gear when all is said and done I land in 7th gear! I don't think that is "overdrive" :) but I could be wrong?

That being said I have tried to watch it under multiple scenarios from not much gas to a decent amount (still in the break in period) and it does the same thing every time, just seems to "slip" or "shift" into some mysterious gear and then continue on.

I apologize if this was posted before as I spent a good hour searching for it in the forums and would appreciate any input or links to other posts if I missed it. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and setting up an appointment unless I hear otherwise from you gentlemen.

P.S. yes I used goggle as well.
Click below!
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Mustang_V6_Specs.pdf

You don't have 7 gears, you do have two overdrives. Check the AM/Bama/SCT thread above, all about tuning the auto in your car. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
What you are feeling between 3rd and 4th gears is the torque converter locking, absolutley nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You

Thank you so much for both of your replies, I may still mention it at the dealership when I head back. I still have to head back as the front brush guard had a decent scrape on it and I didnt see it when I took delivery (it was late at night).

I do feel a ton better and will read up on the pdf you posted. Thanks again I truly appreciate the quick and informative responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.