Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people! This is my first post! I have decided to come over to the domestic side from a Nissan 350Z, and am ordering a Canadian model 2011 Ford Mustang GT with: Sterling, HID, security, colour accent and comfort group, and a hood scoop with spoiler delete. I may add the Brembo package. Not sure yet.

Basically our GT is equivalent to the US's GT Premium model. We have standard, the mycolor, leather wrapped steering wheel, heated seats. Odd.

Anyway, my question is, in Canada it's required to have daytime running lights (DRL) all the time, so what is the DRL?

Will it be the turn signals? I can't see the HID's running on and off each time the car is started. I hope it's not the fog lamps running all the time at 30% capacity.

Anyone know?

Thank you!

Darryl

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome Darryl

In Canada, the DRL's are the fog lamps. Great choice of colour by the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D

So I assume they're the foglights as DRLs on the HID-equipped Mustangs?

The one I test drove didn't have HIDs, so the regular headlamps were the DRLs.

Thank you for your response!

Darryl

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was wondering the same thing so I asked in another thread and was also told the fog lights are the DRL's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering the same thing so I asked in another thread and was also told the fog lights are the DRL's.
That makes sense though. But what if you were to order the grille that replaces the fog lights AND ordered the HIDs?

I believe the signal lights would be the DRL, like the Dodge's, emitting a bright orange. Maybe not.

I'll ask tomorrow at Ford. :)

Darryl

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's a good question actually, I'm curious what Ford will say, even though it deosn't really apply to us V6'ers :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
That makes sense though. But what if you were to order the grille that replaces the fog lights AND ordered the HIDs?

I believe the signal lights would be the DRL, like the Dodge's, emitting a bright orange. Maybe not.

I'll ask tomorrow at Ford. :)

Darryl
Any news about the signal lights being the DRL? Would be great to see some pictures of the activated DRL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.