Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
2 manystangs--I had my windows tinted 30% and theywork great eithr day oor night--Helps hold down the suns rays during the day..

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
My WILD ideas:

(OOPS! I just realized I posted in the GT forum - sorry. V6 dudes like to dream too). :shigrin

Custom platform for mounting a twin screw supercharger on a 3.7L.

Titanium sleeved cylinders.

Retro-fit SVT Cobra style Independent Rear Suspension on a 2010/2011+ body.

Forged internals/stroker kit for a 3.7L, to be used in conjunction with a custom fit twin screw supercharger.

7 or 8 speed manual transmission with DEEP/short 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, to compensate at the low end for a long geared 2.5 rear differential. LOTS of fuel savings from 6th thru 8th.

400+ torque BELOW 3000 RPM from the 3.7L (derived from the mix of goodies above)!

Why not dream big?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Instead of adding a bunch of weight with extra pipes, just put Supertrapps on a muffler-delete axleback.
I know I'm responding to your week old comment, but I haven't been on here in a while. My makeshift Boss exhaust would be very light weight and simple. Just cut out a small section of the mid-pipe, weld in a pair of y-pipes, and put some small Supertrapp style discs on the open end of the y-pipe. It would basically be kinda like some turn-downs coming off the side of the mid-pipe, but with the Supertrapp type discs instead of turndowns. I'm gonna do it.

V6 Cannonballer, the twin screw blower shouldn't be too terribly hard to fit. You would just have to find one with a short casing (Kenne Bell 1.7L maybe) and have a custom manifold and adapter plate made. Getting a belt around the pulley might be the toughest part.

Also, if you are willing to pay for it, you should be able to get a company like Kellogg, Manley, Mahle, etc. to custom build you a forged rotating assembly (crank, pistons, rods). It wouldn't be cheap, though. Given how much power that motor makes stock, I have a feeling the V6 Mustang will no longer be treated like the redheaded step-child (I used to date one of those, LOL). I think parts will become available for the V6 this time around. And, trust me, if you did bolt a TS blower on that motor, you would EASILY make 400+ ft-lbs. of torque by 3000rpm. That would make for a mean ride. Maybe 450-500 hp, but the same weight as a stock GT, it would move.

If I did this correctly, below should be a pic of a Supertrapp disc-only tip that I would bolt on to my Y-pipes to replicate the Boss setup. You can add discs to make it louder, or remove them to quiet it. All of this would be under the car of course, so it looks the same.
http://www.supertrapp.com/images/product_sections/detail/disc-only-4in-1.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know I'm responding to your week old comment, but I haven't been on here in a while. My makeshift Boss exhaust would be very light weight and simple. Just cut out a small section of the mid-pipe, weld in a pair of y-pipes, and put some small Supertrapp style discs on the open end of the y-pipe. It would basically be kinda like some turn-downs coming off the side of the mid-pipe, but with the Supertrapp type discs instead of turndowns. I'm gonna do it.

Cool! I see what you're going for.

As far as activation, maybe a switch at WOT(at pedal not TB) would be better than a set RPM. That way it only opens when you mean it. I offen run the RPMs up without having the pedal floored.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, at first I think I'm just gonna attach them so they will allow some sound out all the time. I can adjust from loud (all 12 plates in) to quiet (just 2-3 plates), or if it ends up sounding like crap, I can just block off the cutouts (I meant cutouts before, not a Y-pipe). Eventually, I'll likely put some E-cutouts in there so I can just control them with a switch, but I'll keep it cheap at first in case it sounds bad.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I always liked those gaudy chrome sidepipe headers like they had on the old Vettes. Wonder how to incorporate those on our GT's with a custom rear valence.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ditch the v6 and v8 and replace them with a 2 liter 4L and a 2 liter 4L turbo. :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Did anyone install the Supertrapps? I deleted my mufflers and the drone and low end torque loss is killing me so I am looking for a solution outside of investing $500-800 into an exhaust system.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The whole thing about the tint, could probably be done, get them made the same way they make the "transitions" eye glasses... Would be nice to have the cupholders in a spot where you dont hit your drink on every shift, would also be cool to have two different sets of rear gears, like they do in the older toyota's 2.73's for highway and 4.10's for track days

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It would be nice if it came with a hide a way License Plate button,got a beat those pesky cameras once in a while,i know it was yellow not a red light.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like the idea of having an under hood light. One that would change colors with the "my dash" adjustment would be cool.
Done for less than $20 (you could get a colored LED)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll post up a new thread

·
Registered
118 Posts
I want to mount a FLIR Infrared camera in a BOSS grille connected to my NAV screen with a Ford Lockpick

It's really just a matter of money and marginal utility

21 - 35 of 35 Posts