Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of the Manitobans on this forum drive their Mustangs during the winter months? If you do, have you experienced much difficulty even with quality snow and ice tires on your car? I use Michelin X Ice 2's on my front wheel drive 2010 3.7 V6 Mazda 6GT. I drive in to Winnipeg from Stony Mountain. They keep #7 highway fairly clear but I am usually traveling into the city at 4:45am. Sometimes it is down to 1 lane with minor snow drifts covering the lane. How does your Mustang handle the drifts and what is it like taking off from a stand still on ice at a red light?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to drive in winter but realized quickly that it is not very reliable. I even put 300 pounds of weight in the trunk but was still sliding. I am in Vermont. Good luck in your quest to drive year round.

·
Registered
339 Posts
How many of the Manitobans on this forum drive their Mustangs during the winter months? If you do, have you experienced much difficulty even with quality snow and ice tires on your car? I use Michelin X Ice 2's on my front wheel drive 2010 3.7 V6 Mazda 6GT. I drive in to Winnipeg from Stony Mountain. They keep #7 highway fairly clear but I am usually traveling into the city at 4:45am. Sometimes it is down to 1 lane with minor snow drifts covering the lane. How does your Mustang handle the drifts and what is it like taking off from a stand still on ice at a red light?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I drove my 2005 Supercharged Mustang GT all winter. It dynoe'd at 486 RWHP. With winter tires it was a great car, as good as anything I've ever owned and I am 67 years old. I live in Winnipeg but worked in Steinbach. I drove that highway everyday, summer and winter for 4 years. I just sold the car and have ordered a 2012 Mustang GT which I plan to drive in the winter too.:yup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey, I drove my 2012 v6 through the whole winter. I put a decent set of winter tires on, and never had a problem. Yes, it is a RWD car which makes accelerating from a red a bit less exciting than in summer, but hey, if its -30 out who really wants to go that fast?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts