Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my car for just over three years and every time I drive it I LOVE IT! I did a review a couple of years ago and I figured I would do another one.
Car Details: 2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible. Navigation, Roush 20"wheels with Nitto Motiva tires, Roush A/B, SCT Tuner with Bama Tunes,
Mileage- 54,000 miles
History: Car was driven by the Roush SE Representative from July 2010 until November 2010. I bought it off E-bay with about 5300 miles on it 27Dec2010
Problems: Roush Big Brake Kit- Warranty repaired no problems since
Leaking Vent tube on Transmission- Repaired under extended CPO Warranty Cost $100 deductible.

The car is still amazing! I changed out the tires after 47, 000 miles and have loved the Nitto Tires since I put them on. I have had very little problems with the car. It starts like it did when it was new and drives just as tight. The tranny is still as strong as it was when I bought it and it still does not wine. I rarely have had any issues with the tranny although there were a few gear lock outs over the years. I Run the Bama Tunes 93 Race tune everyday and it now gets better mileage then before the tune. The tune really woke it up and it dyno 401RWHP/ 390 ft lbs! Those numbers are skewed a little high but I am going to continue to use them anyway since my dyno sheet says so! The car regularly gets 23-25 mpg and since I have had the App on my phone it has an average of 23.24 MPG over the last 23,000 miles.
Squeaks and Rattles- Well, I have been bitten by a couple but they were not unexpected especially with the Roush suspension and the 20's on each corner. The latest one is the rear windows. I can stop the rattle if I crack them slightly but I have not been able to identify where they are rattling. As soon as summer comes back the top and windows will be down every day and there will be no rattle! I have had a couple small ones in the dash but nothing that was not easy to resolve.
Convertible Top- Looks like it did when it was brand new. Still ultra quiet inside with the top up and well insulated.
Paint and Body- So far only one door ding, and that is on the passenger side rear quarter. The front end has quite a bit of road rash but no more than I would have expected. I need to take the Roush grills out and repaint them come spring time. I still have plans to paint and clearcoat the stripes on, but the vinyl still looks as good as new so I will hold off.The black plastic rockers and aero package still look the same way they did new. But I still wish they were painted!
Interior- Carpet still looks good. Starting to get some fade on the Roush Seats. Not sure what I will do about that, probably just drive it and not worry about it for now. Floor mat under the drivers feet looks crappy, but I have a second set for car shows so its not a big deal. The rest look new.

I have not had to replace any lights on the car, still original bulbs! The brakes are about wore out. Maybe they will make it to summer time.

Overall it was a great investment. I did try to trade it last tear (december) and the dealer only offered me about $19K for it. So I grabbed my keys and did a burn out out of the dealership. What an insult! I am going to keep it a while longer then look at the 15 or 16 for a Mach 1, if they make it in a vert!

See y'all on the Road!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very coolgood.gif

Glad it can still put a smile on your face everyday, that's the whole point of these cars!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Very nice!!! But how the heck are you Avg 23MPG!!!??? I wish, I get about 18, do you do mostly highway driving? Or is my 12' 15000 Premium GT still braking in?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice write up! Glad to see that you're still enjoying the car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Great write up! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying your Roush and your Bama tune for all these years. It's really important that the car still puts a smile on your face, that makes it exciting and fun to drive for an endless amount of time! Every time I hop in my 2011 GT and start it up I still get a little smerk.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us. Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice!!! But how the heck are you Avg 23MPG!!!??? I wish, I get about 18, do you do mostly highway driving? Or is my 12' 15000 Premium GT still braking in?
I drive about 75% Highway but its in Atlanta traffic so sometimes its flat out, sometimes its stop and go, and other times its running 50 mph. I have seen a high on my commute (according to the trip computer) of 33.5Mpg, of course as soon as I hit the back roads it dropped to "normal". When I drive strictly highway and keep in around 70-75mph I see 26-27mpg. My lowest mileage on ANY tank was 20.2MPG. Highway is the trick. For the most part my city driving is shifting about 2000-2500 rpm and skip shifting 1-3-5-6 or 2-4-5-6. I have learned not to be in a hurry as speeding around really does not save me much time. Now for the folks that say drive it like a Pony car... I do, just not as much as when I was 20 yrs old. The car has hit 155mph with the top up and 135 with it down. My commute involves a couple of good off ramps... and I can tell you exactly how fast my car can take them without spinning out. I love to race, always have, I just know how to control myself better now. Someone challenges me.... game on though. The Roush A/B lets me hear the engine and enjoy it without hitting the red line.

This is just a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great write up! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying your Roush and your Bama tune for all these years. It's really important that the car still puts a smile on your face, that makes it exciting and fun to drive for an endless amount of time! Every time I hop in my 2011 GT and start it up I still get a little smerk.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us. Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Dan, I Love the tune. Really woke up the car AND increased mileage! Ford needs to work on their tunes! Of course that would not be good for your business... :) I am thinking of trying the Hybrid tune... decisions!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Dan, I Love the tune. Really woke up the car AND increased mileage! Ford needs to work on their tunes! Of course that would not be good for your business... :) I am thinking of trying the Hybrid tune... decisions!
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate your business and loyalty.

I would definitely give the Hybrid tune a shot. It's my favorite tune, personally. It has the low end grunt of the street tune but the top end of the Race tune. You can't go wrong there, right?

-Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts