Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the opertunity to race on yet if so what was the result?

·
Registered
806 Posts
define old gt? like 99-04 gt? 05-10 gt? or 94-98 gt? they are all very different

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
well itll murder the 94-98 gt. itll be a drivers race for a 99-04 gt. the 05+ gt will beat it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99-04 and 05+ I'm just curious to see how some of these 3.7 perform compared to the 4.6's my 3.7 is lightly modded and I haven't taken it to the track yet but I think the addition of these ford racing 410 gears will make quite a bit of 4.6's see my tail lights lol

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
stock for stock itll run with a 99-04 gt. 05+ gt's are supposed to run mid 13's stock so unless the v6 is a little modded it wont take it stock. the 94-98 gt's...... well yea..... no chance whatsoever unless seriously modded.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yea i agree the 05 and up gts will be hard to beat unless modded. Although they say my 98 cobra is comparable to a 99-04 gt, i beat gt's and 2011+ sixers with no problems

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some say its pretty even with the 2010GT.
Some say its a drivers race.
Others say its only a little bit slower.

Heres a dealer testing both cars with his wife in the v6.

YouTube - ‪2010 Mustang GT vs. 2011 Mustang V6‬‏

Heres one on a drag strip with a mental on the side lines lol.
The white is the V6.

YouTube - ‪2010 GT VS STOCK 2011 V6 MUSTANG‬‏

And the third one with numbers posted.
Best:
2011 V6
1/4-13.934
mph 102.00

2010 GT
1/4-14.14

YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang V6 vs. 2010 Mustang GT‬‏

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yea it depends on the mods and if its from a dig or a roll. My car has most of the bolt ons and if im racing a 05 gt on the highway its all over and even from a dig ill beat them unless their modded. Any thing older than that is a pretty easy win.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well for stock id say these 3.7's are something else! Ford really hit a home run with this one cuz we're beating some v8's and getting 31 mpg lol

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
stock for stock itll run with a 99-04 gt. 05+ gt's are supposed to run mid 13's stock so unless the v6 is a little modded it wont take it stock. the 94-98 gt's...... well yea..... no chance whatsoever unless seriously modded.

I think most of what you say is true, but mid 13's in a 05-10 GT? Maybe a few guys and the pro's but I don't think very many run that low of a time very consistently. I had a 10GT 5M w/ 373's and my best on the stock 19's was [email protected] 101 MPH / 2.15 60'. (In comparison some guys can hit low 12's with a stock '11 5.0, most can't hit 12. Most are low 13's...... most :winks) I'm not trying to start a pissin contest I'm just sayin....

But your right, the 11 V6 won't take a 10GT stock for stock, but then again I would like to see a race against a 11 V6 PP Vs. a 10 GT w/ 373's. To me that's the race of races. The fastest of one Vs. the fastest of the other.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I seen both hands on the wheels, not one on a gear shift, or am i mistaken? If they are autos well then its not a drivers race, its straight car. Get some manual trans in there and then its drivers race. I bet the v6 will def put up a heck of a fight then if not take the race. Still dont care how wicked the 6s become , theres nothing like a v8 whether its a 70-80s 190 hp or 2012 511 hp...V8s are just plain sexy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I raced a intake/tune/muffler deletes 3.55 geared 08 gt auto here's the vid this way me still stock tuning stock 2.73 gears only mods perf wise was pypes m80s jlt cf cai&I was running premium which is 93 octane here in ga.
YouTube - ‪2011 v6 intake and exhaust vs 2008 gt with bolt ons&tune‬‏
Fwiw this guy got tore up by gsxter in an earlier race running a 14.2 to his 13.8:yup:
So I kinda thought I had em but he got a better reaction time and that was that now if I'd had my 3.73s at the time&bama race tune it would have been game over for sure.
Also heres a comparison vid of me vs my other buddy and his 11 5.0 as you can see in this vid and all day at that track I ran within 6-7tenths of his times and hes got the allmighty 5.0 with 3.73 gears and he can drive:winks
YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang GT vs. 2011 Mustang V6‬‏
The 3.7 is an amazing motor I can't wait to see it with direct injection added in a few years finally heres a vid of me&gsxter running each other
YouTube - ‪2011 3.7 mustang vs 2011 3.7 mustang‬‏

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I raced a intake/tune/muffler deletes 3.55 geared 08 gt auto here's the vid this way me still stock tuning stock 2.73 gears only mods perf wise was pypes m80s jlt cf cai&I was running premium which is 93 octane here in ga.
YouTube - ‪2011 v6 intake and exhaust vs 2008 gt with bolt ons&tune‬‏
Fwiw this guy got tore up by gsxter in an earlier race running a 14.2 to his 13.8:yup:
So I kinda thought I had em but he got a better reaction time and that was that now if I'd had my 3.73s at the time&bama race tune it would have been game over for sure.
Also heres a comparison vid of me vs my other buddy and his 11 5.0 as you can see in this vid and all day at that track I ran within 6-7tenths of his times and hes got the allmighty 5.0 with 3.73 gears and he can drive:winks
YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang GT vs. 2011 Mustang V6‬‏
The 3.7 is an amazing motor I can't wait to see it with direct injection added in a few years finally heres a vid of me&gsxter running each other
YouTube - ‪2011 3.7 mustang vs 2011 3.7 mustang‬‏
How do you like the 373's?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I went at a loud catless 99-04 GT on three stop lights with very good results.

My only mod was 93 octane gas.

I wish it was a drag strip... Would have been fun to run it up to 100 MPH against the guy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I've raced 3 GT's so far.

White 2010 GT - Beat me by about 1 car length
Black 2010 GT - Beat me by about 1.5-2 car lengths
Black 2002 GT - I beat it, by 3 car lengths, maybe more

·
Registered
540 Posts
Alright I've ran a few 2005-09 Gt's my results are:

Blue one beat but only because he backed out while we were door to door at like 120mph And I started pullin away then he backed out. Dont know his mods but his was louder than mine.

Beat a murdered out black GT/CS by more than a carlength at like 138.

Was door to door My buddy Jeff in his old 2005 Gt we both backed out of it. Didn't win or lose. Btw he has 3.55's, Flowmaster axlebacks, And a lund tune. It wasn't from a dig but about 35ish, he launched harder got about a length on me but I realed him in I have the top end advantage;) He currently has a 2010 that he bought NEW in feburary. He isn't a fan of the Coyote to many issues Maybe by 2015 but not yet his words not mine.

Ya so only experiences thus far that I can remember racing Ponies.

·
Registered
670 Posts
... the 05+ gt will beat it.
depends on driver...stock for stock raced a friend with a '10 and it was dead even. raced some random guy with a 05-09 and pulled on him half a car

·
Registered
434 Posts
i raced 3

2007 Gt we were rolling 40km/h in first gear , first and secound gear we were head to head and when i changed to 3rd i started pulling away and beat him by like 2 car length

2009 GT was a random race we passed the speed bump and were rolling maybe about 20 - 30 km/h and he got his hand out and told me "marfo" in arabic its like you go first i'll give you a head start ( he thought i had a 2010 v6:kooky:) so i punched it and then he punched it and i could see him in my mirror and pulled like 3 car length after that i saw him take a right and run away :gringreen

2003 GT had headers , intake and an exhaust , he actually didnt want to race me but i kept annoying him because i was eager to see who would win , he said yes and we went to a nice long stretch of road , from a dig i won, rolling 40km/h i won again and then he said lets try rolling 80km/h-_- so i said yes and still beat him by like 5 car lengths!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts