Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to go with the BBK ceramic coated long tube headers, however you have to do some soldering in order to extend the O2 sensors into correct position. As far as I know, BBK doesn't have any extenders for the )2 sensors in production for these headers. Are there any other headers that can be recommended? I have a Magnaflow catback performance exhaust system installed.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was hoping to go with the BBK ceramic coated long tube headers, however you have to do some soldering in order to extend the O2 sensors into correct position. As far as I know, BBK doesn't have any extenders for the )2 sensors in production for these headers. Are there any other headers that can be recommended? I have a Magnaflow catback performance exhaust system installed.
I believe BBK has fixed the extension issue on the new header kits.

To answer your question, I believe Bassini has a kit coming out, or at the very least you can call to order now.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
The borla headers are out now apparently but they offer no catted mid pipe if emissions legality are of any concern to you.

And I also have found out that American Racing Headers will build you a set but they also offer no mid pipe.

And yes, supposedly BBK now has the correct extensions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live out in British Columbia, so I do need a catted mid pipe. I'll talk to BBK and go from there. Thanks for the heads up guys.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I live out in British Columbia, so I do need a catted mid pipe. I'll talk to BBK and go from there. Thanks for the heads up guys.

does your car have to pass an emissions test every year or so? if yes then yes you need cats

·
Registered
43 Posts
does your car have to pass an emissions test every year or so? if yes then yes you need cats
the rule here is that if your car is older than x years (i think its 10 or 15) you need a yearly emission test. new cars like our mustangs don't need any such test. however the govt is considering scrapping the test as the very old, polluting cars are dying out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
the rule here is that if your car is older than x years (i think its 10 or 15) you need a yearly emission test. new cars like our mustangs don't need any such test. however the govt is considering scrapping the test as the very old, polluting cars are dying out.

sorry i misread your original post, but im still confused. here in the states, our antique cars do not have to pass emissions, however our new cars up to 20 years i think have to pass every year.

for you, if you dont have to pass them then you can take off your cats i believe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
for canada (or at least the province of British Columbia) its the opposite. there is not governing body that can check 2011 mustangs for emission regulation (noise is another thing though).

I suppose people could run off-road midpipes here, but think of the environment, polar bears, al gore....:winks

·
Registered
491 Posts
for canada (or at least the province of British Columbia) its the opposite

thats interesting. well if you are supposed to have cats, but they only visually inspect them, no emissions, you can just take them off and rip out the insides and put them back on. no one will be the wiser.

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats interesting. well if you are supposed to have cats, but they only visually inspect them, no emissions, you can just take them off and rip out the insides and put them back on. no one will be the wiser.
sorry, i was editing my post as you were typing - no change in info but others might be confused.

funny story, when i picked up my mustang last year i was pasted by a sn95 with what sounds like straight pipes and obvious drag radials - just cruising around town.

·
Registered
118 Posts
7 years

Hi,
All new cars here are exempt from emission testing for 7 years then have to go through every 2 years after that, even my cobra replica.
I have raced mustangs for years and cats only take a tenth off a 1/4 mile run, actually the car runs better in the midrange....as in better on the street with the cats on.
ps- noisy mufflers don't make you fast just attract cops.
Perry.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
ARH (American Racing Headers) now has longtube/X combos for our cars. The part numbers are MSTV6NC (no cats) and MSTV634WC (with cats). They are 1¾ primary to a 2½ inch collector with a 2½ inch x-pipe.

Trying to get an image from them to post....the headers/X-pipes are beginning to appear on vendor sites. Pricing is $100 or so under similar V8 combos.

·
Registered
331 Posts
ARH (American Racing Headers) now has longtube/X combos for our cars. The part numbers are MSTV6NC (no cats) and MSTV634WC (with cats). They are 1¾ primary to a 2½ inch collector with a 2½ inch x-pipe.

Trying to get an image from them to post....the headers/X-pipes are beginning to appear on vendor sites. Pricing is $100 or so under similar V8 combos.
I hace local seller checking on pricing, etc. I prob will end up buying this combo....cant decide with or without cats though.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
pricing

The 1st place I saw them LM Performance, has them only $100 apart cats vs. non cats, so it will be interesting what you hear and decide....

R.B. "Blue Stangs"
Up north

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi,
All new cars here are exempt from emission testing for 7 years then have to go through every 2 years after that, even my cobra replica.
I have raced mustangs for years and cats only take a tenth off a 1/4 mile run, actually the car runs better in the midrange....as in better on the street with the cats on.
ps- noisy mufflers don't make you fast just attract cops.
Perry.

yea i dont attract enough attention in my car already. haha. i have to keep cats on anyway here in virginia. however a deeper note would sound better though, not neccesarily too much louder.

you loose your midrange because of the loss of backpressure right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts