Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local dealer today, had the parts guy come look at the 2011 Mustang, showed him the Strut Bar, said to him, I want part.

He pulled up the catalog and this is the Part # 16A200 on Ford Parts | Buy Motorcraft & Genuine Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com

Buy 2011 Ford Mustang Parts | FordParts.com

The link above might work for you.

Anyways, I ordered it for $175 after tax, so I should have it in 7-10 days. If it's not the right one, then he said I can get my money back.

Just thought I'd share. I'm not sure if the V6 in 2011 sits higher, the 2010 strut bars might not have enough clearance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am curious about this too. I read somewhere else that the bar does very little in regards to handling but it does look bad a$$.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Went to my local dealer today, had the parts guy come look at the 2011 Mustang, showed him the Strut Bar, said to him, I want part.

He pulled up the catalog and this is the Part # 16A200 on Ford Parts | Buy Motorcraft & Genuine Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com

Buy 2011 Ford Mustang Parts | FordParts.com

The link above might work for you.

Anyways, I ordered it for $175 after tax, so I should have it in 7-10 days. If it's not the right one, then he said I can get my money back.

Just thought I'd share. I'm not sure if the V6 in 2011 sits higher, the 2010 strut bars might not have enough clearance.

Thanks for thinkn of the community and will be personally looking forward to your update.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am curious about this too. I read somewhere else that the bar does very little in regards to handling but it does look bad a$$.
I don't know if this strut bar helps, but I know for a fact the 'old' Export brace made a huge difference on my '69 Mach 1.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for thinkn of the community and will be personally looking forward to your update.
So I went down to the dealership to pickup the strut brace today.

IT DOES NOT FIT THE 2011 V6 MODEL!

Using the part # that fordparts.com and the dealership themselves pulled up in the system. The part I received was the GT strut brace and it does not fit the 2011 V6.

When I set the brace over the engine, it does not clear the engine and just sat on the engine and did not go over the bolts on the struts.

The dealership is going to call and check into another strut brace, which I think is the Ford Racing one. I think they're going to ask that they try it out on a 2011 V6 before shipping it.

Sorry guys/gals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any updates? I'm interested to order on as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The V6 convertible has one doesn't it? That one should fit, right?

·
Registered
482 Posts
My V6 vert has the brace. Looks cool.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My 3.7 Vert has the brase. Here is the NUMBER stamped on the brace under the Ford logo: 176 AE 120 10L hope this helps Plum (FFF)

·
Registered
149 Posts
wonderful news. I am also looking at the strut brace for v6. the price also sounds very good. I usually see price tag as 170+.

congratulations.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 16A200 is just the "base" number for that type item, they need to look for the correct prefix and suffix numbers to get the correct one.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Do all GT's get the brace or just those with the larger 19" wheels? I'm getting a GT 400A with stock 18's and I remember something about 18's not getting them but want to know for sure. Do the larger wheels add more stress to the chassis?

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you're getting the GT/CS, it has the 19" wheels and the strut brace. If you are getting 18" wheels either you aren't getting the GT/CS or you are ordering different wheels, so I don't know if you are getting the strut brace or not. 18" wheels get no strut brace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.