Votes: 42 11.4%
  • Sport

Votes: 223 60.3%
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a poll on your steering preference. I almost always have mine in Sports mode. Time to time I put it to standard if I feel like driving lazy so to speak. I put it comfort mode once didnt really like it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I've only driven in Standard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I played with it a couple times, it doesn't really do anything for the handling just steering effort.

I leave it on standard.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I go back and forth between comfort and sport. Sport on the highway because it's more stable, less twitchy. I use comfort around town because it's nice and easy to steer.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I can guess standard is the normal mode, sport mode is well just that, but how does one turn on comfort mode?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like SPORT mode, my wife likes the Comfort mode for in-town driving ...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can guess standard is the normal mode, sport mode is well just that, but how does one turn on comfort mode?
It's only on 2012s. That why I specified 2012s in title.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
It's only on 2012s. That why I specified 2012s in title.
Not sure how I missed that, or why it wasn't on the 2011's!?

Does anyone know the specifics of this comfort mode? Is there anything hardware related on the '12s vs' 11's?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sport:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,557 Posts

Does anyone know the specifics of this comfort mode? Is there anything hardware related on the '12s vs' 11's?
You have a much cooler looking AdvanceTrac button than the 2012's.:winks

·
Registered
734 Posts

Guys i have a 2012 coming in a couple of weeks.. Can you tell me more about these modes??
I'll spare the bitter vitriol because it's Monday and I'm feeling nice, but this info really has been around for a long time.

Anyway, who knows why it wasn't on the '11s, but it's - to the best of my knowledge - a software change in the steering rack (Christ, and they say we aren't living in the future - a software change in the steering rack!). No way that I know of to retrofit it. Yet.

The modes are pretty much exactly what have already been described. It's in the information center in the cluster. You scroll to that option, then hit Reset to change between Comfort, Normal, and Sport. Comfort is like Grand Marquis steering. I use it on long highway trips. Normal is the same as on the '11, and Sport is what you get on the '11 when you put the ESC into Sport mode.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Most from Texas prefer longhorn.
ROFL to longhorn. :gringreen

I drove home the 35 miles home from the dealership in standard but put in into Sport immediately after and have never wanted it anywhere else since. I probably need to pop it into Comfort once just for the fun of it to see how it feels.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like to feel the road alot, so I stay in sport. Only time I put it in Standard is on highway,,Comfort seems to float all over the place IMO.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'll spare the bitter vitriol because it's Monday and I'm feeling nice, but this info really has been around for a long time.

Anyway, who knows why it wasn't on the '11s, but it's - to the best of my knowledge - a software change in the steering rack (Christ, and they say we aren't living in the future - a software change in the steering rack!). No way that I know of to retrofit it. Yet.

The modes are pretty much exactly what have already been described. It's in the information center in the cluster. You scroll to that option, then hit Reset to change between Comfort, Normal, and Sport. Comfort is like Grand Marquis steering. I use it on long highway trips. Normal is the same as on the '11, and Sport is what you get on the '11 when you put the ESC into Sport mode.
Yes, it is a Monday... hence I didn't see any info on it when I searched for my 2011..

Thanks, though... do wish I had that option; I had a 91 grand marquis for a few years that I got from my g-ma when she passed away.. had 50k on it and was CHERRY... smoothest steering I've ever felt to this day.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts