Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting either the performance distributor or Accel coil kits from american muscle, if i do what spark plugs should or would be better to use? only mods are tune and JLT cold air intake but may upgrade to boss manifold this year

·
Registered
92 Posts
From what I understand, the stock set-up is pretty good and I don't think you'd get much benefit for the money you're going to spend. This was especially the case for the old 3V's.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
5.0 is distributorless.

Save your money on coils for a stock engine.

How many miles do you have on your car? Unless you're approaching 80,000-100,000 miles it is very unlikely that you need new plugs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
5.0 is distributorless.

How many miles do you have on your car? Unless you're approaching 80,000-100,000 miles it is very unlikely that you need new plugs.
OP Good question and I would side with Blazin on this - If the cars getting up there I would likely take a look into them but from what I've personally seen here and in person I honestly don't believe that they're going to yield that much of an improvement aside from potentially feeling a little bit of refined throttle response as well as potentially seeing some bettering of your fuel consumption.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always around to help.

Alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea did some more research after posting this and ive decided to not get anything thanks for the reassurance tho

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
5.0 is distributorless.

My car is Procharged and my tuner said aftermarket coils were a waste of money. His name is Donny Walsh by the way, and he pilots one of the fastest pro mod cars in North America.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts