Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to the track with the new 5.0, had wheel hop isues most of the night and bad 60's. keep pulling to far out of the water box, eventually opened the door up to put her in the sweet spot, by that time it was the last run and I babied it off the line (bass akwards, should have babied it when I had the crappy burn outs & launched hard this time) for my second best time out of 4 runs. All in all my first run was the best with pic below. Gonna try the street tire's 1 mo' time, then...

G

·
0 Posts
12.6 @ 114 Well done!:bigthumbsup

Look into some rear suspension like LCA's and relocation brackets. Then you won't have to baby it so much off the line.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i like the numbers i see great run:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice run! Have you dyno'd the car with the mods in your signature? Thinking about picking up a Lethal X or H pipe.. Why'd you go with the H over the X?

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
First time to the track with the new 5.0, had wheel hop isues most of the night and bad 60's. keep pulling to far out of the water box, eventually opened the door up to put her in the sweet spot, by that time it was the last run and I babied it off the line (bass akwards, should have babied it when I had the crappy burn outs & launched hard this time) for my second best time out of 4 runs. All in all my first run was the best with pic below. Gonna try the street tire's 1 mo' time, then...

12.6 @ 114 Well done!:bigthumbsup

Look into some rear suspension like LCA's and relocation brackets. Then you won't have to baby it so much off the line.

This is true! Swing by UPR Products | Mustang Parts & Performance | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Billet | Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Mustang Exhaust. We have some nice packages for your car that will eliminate the wheelhop, and free shipping in the month of July. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
439 Posts
I went last night as well in MD, it was around 90. My best time was 13.3 and 107 MPH. I ran 7 times all were almost the same, I have a stock auto vert C/S it's tons of fun. I ran with some of my buddies who have SS camaro's, they ran around 13.6 but at 109 and they were 6 speeds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice run! Have you dyno'd the car with the mods in your signature? Thinking about picking up a Lethal X or H pipe.. Why'd you go with the H over the X?
didn't re-dyno yet, did stock at 1000miles, I'll do it again when it hits 2000 with the mods. Chose H and chambered muffler for old school sound preferance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
No problem. If you pick up a set of control arms, post up so we can see how much it picks up at the track! :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts