Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed looking around the forums at some of the pictures and comments. It's helped me decide on a few upgrades and has been fun.

Now for the bad part. I took my car in to have them try and identify a creaking sound from the front suspension. They told me it was front control arms and they needed to be replaced. I took it in to get the work done and they replaced one arm. I took my car back and noticed they had made a ding in my door right on ythe edge by the door handle. It was enough to make a little bump in the metal and scratched off some paint. They said they would fix it when I brought the car back to get the other control arm done. I was nervous but said ok. When I went back to get it the next time they had poorly fixed the door. Painted the whole door and ruined it. It was not cleaned up and had overspray and a runs so thick they can be seen from 30 feet away. There is also dust particles and imperfections in the paint and there is still no paint on the edge of the door. A white line on a black car. To make this worse they made two big sctraches in my rim. Yes. A all this damage. It's deep in the metal too. No fixing it.

At this point I feel like there is no way they can fix this so I go to most reputable used car dealer in town and ask them what they think. They told me the dealership shopuld have to fix my car the right way so it's acceptable and them pay me the amount the deprieciated my car. They said it was worth less now that it had paint work done. The other option would be to order a new car. It has 1000 miles on it. Had 200 when I bought it and then took 800 miles to id this darn sound and get it to them to fix it. I want to know what some other people think. This work wouldn't be acceptable on a 10 year old dump truck and I warned them it needed to be perfect. Not to mention my rim. They Ruined my new car experience and I'm not sure what to demand from them when I go in tomorrow. Can someone please help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is just completely unacceptable! Most of us have had a painstakingly long wait to even get our beloved cars and the you do and they royally screw it up!? You should demand that the work is All corrected as if from the factory including the rim they scratched. They are responsible for your car when they have it in the shop, so sloppy repair jobs to save a buck on their end is not acceptable. If they give you a hard time tell them you are going to write a letter to.the editor of the local paper about the shotty and poor work their body shop performs. Sometimes this gets businesses moving bc its bad PR that everyone will see, not just you in the dealership. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. They said they would fix it but after what I've seen so far I don't want them to even touch it anymore. They said they will order a new rim and let me show the paint shop the problems I have with the paint.

At this point my biggest questions are

1. Should I be asking for money to cover the difference in value of the car in addition to a good paint job?

2. Should I demand to have another paint shop that does good work?

3. Should I ask to get out of the warranty I purchased? I don't ever want to go back and have them damage my car. They have done it twice now. It was a lot of money and now I have no confidence in it anymore?

Thanks for your time. Can't wait for this to be behind me so I can move on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find the car is worth less after the paintwork. It's just the cash value that some used car places will pay though. Not really the trade in value or anything else. I have no intent on selling the car for cash so I decided to give them another chance to get this right. They are supposed to fix the problems with the paint and order a new rim. Maybe they will do a good job this time and I can go home happy :cooldude:

I'll be back to contribute some pics and stuff after I get this finished. She goes in the shop for the Borla S type cat-back thursday. Wish me luck

K

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally have my car back and the paint is looking great. The rim has been replaced and I'm really digging the sound of the new exhaust.

The end

1 - 5 of 5 Posts