·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find one of these??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got mine at partscheap.com if you dont have the 401a package you need to get the shift boot too. It will look really ugly if you dont. I love the boss shift knob, it feels so much better then the stock one and it doesnt get hot like the aluminum one. its been 105 degrees here and it still hasnt got hot

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a 2012 GT Premium, 400-A . Will this work ? Yea I know I will need the boot too but what about the shifter stalk ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got mine at partscheap.com if you dont have the 401a package you need to get the shift boot too. It will look really ugly if you dont. I love the boss shift knob, it feels so much better then the stock one and it doesnt get hot like the aluminum one. its been 105 degrees here and it still hasnt got hot

Im good with the 401A, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rather have a White one myself.:cooldude:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 2012 GT Premium, 400-A . Will this work ? Yea I know I will need the boot too but what about the shifter stalk ?
The shifter stalk is the same. You just need the Boss shifter ball and the 401A boot. That boot should come with a little chrome ring that fits on the base of the shifter ball.

I also like the feel of the Boss shifter ball better than the aluminum 401A shifter.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Have you considered the Steeda shift knob? Available in white and black and comes with a polished aluminum collar

·
Registered
349 Posts
The shifter stalk is the same. You just need the Boss shifter ball and the 401A boot. That boot should come with a little chrome ring that fits on the base of the shifter ball.

I also like the feel of the Boss shifter ball better than the aluminum 401A shifter.
What's involved in changing the boot ?

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Keep in mind you can do a similar thing by going to grabberpony and have them make you a custom knob.

You'll be able to pick out the color of knob, lettering and what you want the knob to say/not say.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
How's it weighted compared to the stock aluminum knob and what makes it feel so much better assuming it's the same size ball? I like the stock knob but it gets super cold when the temperatures drop and would prefer something non-metal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How's it weighted compared to the stock aluminum knob and what makes it feel so much better assuming it's the same size ball? I like the stock knob but it gets super cold when the temperatures drop and would prefer something non-metal.
I just ordered one, so I will update you on how it is. I like the aluminum one, but it gets smoking hot in the summer time. Plus I like the black look as well.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Any update on this? I just test drove a couple 401a cars and the 100 plus degree weather made the shift knob literally too hot to touch. It burned my hand. If I end up with a 401a car I want to change the shift knob or get a cover for it for the summertime.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
This is a direct replacement for your knob. I have one of these. Looks and feels great and doesn't get burning hot in the summer. I replaced my 401A aluminium knob with this one shortly after I got the car and realized that I could not drive it after it had been sitting in the sun for hours.

Mustang Boss Black Shift Knob

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts