Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Brembo GT that I autocross in FS. Ill be moving to STU this next season and want some suspension mods. Ill be doing a build this winter and havent made my mind up with what mods to go with I know what Id like to do just not which exact part/brand. Let me just say that we dont AutoX on the typical parking lot. We have an old airfield where speeds are maxing out at about 65-70. Lots of miata guys(obviously) so we have lots of slaloms that you can carry speed through. Since its an airfield and having slaloms they are usually off-chamber when you cross the middle of the runway so im looking for as much chamber I can get. Already have a track wheel with sticky rubber and its about a 45 minute drive for me so I dont want anything extremely sticky. (no trailer).

I guess Ill start off with my current setup.

-2012 Brembo GT 3.55 rear
-18x9 20th anniversary wheels with 275/35/18 Dunlop Direzza Z2s
-MGW STS (Not legal in FS but the SMG M3 guys dont mind lol)
-Hawk HPS pads with rbf600... Once they fade im going stronger.. they are basically the stock brembo pad..
-2010 Koni yellows with gt500 strut mounts(stocks exploded so I needed stronger)
-Magnaflow Catback

Im most likely going to get the Steeda Comp CC plates. Steeda mounts are built extremely well and I want something that will last me forever and will be able to grow with the car as it gets more modded. Talked to Steeda and they WILL fit with the purchase of an adapter which im fine with. Im just not sure what springs I should be getting. I was checking them out and Ill probably go with Steeda Comp Springs.

Comp CC Plates
Steeda 2011-14 Mustang Competition Adjustable Upper Strut Mounts - Made in USA 555-8137 - Free Shipping!

Springs
Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Competition Springs - Made in the USA 555-8241 - Free Shipping!

Im definitely going to be doing AT LEAST a rear bar. Probably the whiteline with adjustable endlinks. Not positive if I will need/want a front bar. I think once the rear is under control and better springs I should be ok and not need a front.

Tune/Intake- Im kind of on the fence about this. Currently it isnt tuned and I know I can pick up some more power but with having 400hp Im not sure I need anymore power. For the $800+ that I would spend on the combo I think my money would be better spent elsewhere.

Pretty much Id leave headers alone. I was tossing around the idea of an X/H pipe but again money better spent elsewhere.

Might do SS brake lines if its STU legal, ill have to check.

I think thats about it with what you can do with Mods in STU.. Any input on brands or mods that worked for you would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fays 2 Watts Link! If you have any questions you should look up Sam Strano. I bought all my suspension from him. He is really up to snuff on rules and knows how to set up a mustang for auto x.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts