Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day where i picked up my new v6 Premium from the dealer. Everything seems to be working great, but after getting in and out of the drivers seat a few times i have noticed that inside the drivers seat left side bolster on the seat top (about 8 inches under the airbag tag) it feels like theres a piece of plastic that moves around when you put pressure on it.

I dont know if this is normal, the passengers side does NOT do this, its right where my body pressures the bolstering when i get in and out.

It kinda feels like something is coming un-clipped, or partially broken inside the seat.

Is this normal? or is my airbag or something broken on it?

I need some input! I can't take it back to the dealership i bought it from for about 3 weeks (i bought it out of town by about a 5 hour drive and cant return for a while)

Can I take it to another dealer to look at it free of charge cause this would have to be a warranty issue right ?

(I am kinda freaking out about this, because its a brand new car, and this could be a HUGE safety issue if the airbag fails to deploy)

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
The driver seat airbag is encased in a plastic container. Depending on how you get in and out of the car by pushing down on that left bolster, the airbags case can easily become unlatched with the right amount of pressure when it's pressed against. How do I know this? I noticed this when I took the seat out and put leather seat covers on it. I had to snap back the latch to close the casing.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
yep, my '12 GT Premium leather does this every time I get out.....stop freaking out. Nothing is going to stop that airbag from deploying in the circumstances it's designed to deploy in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so this 'clicking', like a a snap in/snap out feeling is normal ? I am just worried that I detached the airbag or something haha

G

·
If you are still paranoid about it, you CAN take it to any Ford dealership during service hours and have it looked at and if needed, repaired free of charge.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well, today was the day where i picked up my new v6 Premium from the dealer. Everything seems to be working great, but after getting in and out of the drivers seat a few times i have noticed that inside the drivers seat left side bolster on the seat top (about 8 inches under the airbag tag) it feels like theres a piece of plastic that moves around when you put pressure on it.

I dont know if this is normal, the passengers side does NOT do this, its right where my body pressures the bolstering when i get in and out.

It kinda feels like something is coming un-clipped, or partially broken inside the seat.

Is this normal? or is my airbag or something broken on it?

I need some input! I can't take it back to the dealership i bought it from for about 3 weeks (i bought it out of town by about a 5 hour drive and cant return for a while)

Can I take it to another dealer to look at it free of charge cause this would have to be a warranty issue right ?

(I am kinda freaking out about this, because its a brand new car, and this could be a HUGE safety issue if the airbag fails to deploy)

Thanks
Dont worry. If it really IS a problem,its covered under your warranty and Ford will take care of you. There is no reason to think they wont. First,go to a dealer and look at a similar car. There IS an airbag module that is a plastic box about a inch and a half wide and about a foot long in that side of the seat. Check that car to see if it feels the same. If not,take it in and have them look at it. You can take your car to any Ford dealer you want. Your warranty guide in fact says exactly that. If the dealership you bought it at is 5 hours a way,you never have to go back there again. Just take it to a local one and your good to go.

Im going to go as far as saying,defiantly take it in Monday,check a couple of the ones on the lot with leather seats and see if its not exactly the same. If your satisfied its normal,great,but if your still not sure have them check it out.

Too many people have had used cars all their life and are stuck in the used car mindset. They try to fix problems themselves or just ignore problems that should be fixed under warranty. The whole point of buying a new car and not a used one is that when you notice something broken,you dont HAVE to freak out or panic. Your response to most problems should be "Who cares,its under warranty". I can understand someone who has a major problem with a motor or transmission going out three days ater they get the car freaking out,but when you have something like a button breaking or a trim panel come loose you should remember,that is exactly why you bought a new car. Its not so everything will be perfect for years to come,because most cars have minor warranty issues,its so you can get all the bugs worked out under warranty. Honestly,its hard to put something as complex as a car together and get everything perfect. So long as they are little things,its all good.

G

·
i have noticed that inside the drivers seat left side bolster on the seat top (about 8 inches under the airbag tag) it feels like theres a piece of plastic that moves around when you put pressure on it.
Hello Recreate.Me,

Congrats on your new ride! I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your nearest Ford dealer and make sure all is ok. If you need further assistance, please contact Ford of Canada at 1-800-565-3673 or me.

Deysha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts