Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my car becomes a reality - wanted to pass on my experience since I've read so many others. Ordered my GT May 18th - not sure of allocations; dealer said 6-8 weeks. After 4 weeks I called about a VIN to track order - didn't have a VIN but said "on schedule". After 5 weeks dealer called and said "production had stopped" - unknown when I'd get my car. After 6 weeks got a VIN with build date of July 26. Repeated called Ford Customer Service (they're good - dealer slow rolls info) to get updates - regional marketing mgr called me to say hopefully 2-4 weeks. Actually scheduled for August 11th (~2 weeks). TOTAL ~12 weeks. I've read about V6 delays and Japanese parts issues - read nothing factual about GTs. Overall - an ok experience - recommend learning about your dealer allocations before ordering. Dealers would also rather give you no info and not get you mad with delays - than give you info and have you mad with delays.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I dont have that kind of patience so I had the dealer find my car and truck it over the next day. Good luck with the car, you will LOVE the GT:worship

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does the delay have to do with dealer allocation? I ordered my GT on July 19th and the dealer said they only had 1 other mustang on order. I hope it will take less than 12 weeks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Friend of mine drove me out May 25 to pick up my new 2012 Vert V-6 which I had waited 16 weeks for from late Jauuary to receive.

He orderd a 2012 GT California Optioned Vert which is due to arrive August 5.

Hope yours comes in soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Placed my order for a 2012, vert on May 27th, originally told by dealer 6 to 8 weeks. Was told that build week would be 7/18, then pushed to 8/1 with an eta of 8/13. Got the window sticker this morning, which indicates a build date of 8/5, was told that eta still remains the same at 8/13...some how I don't think it will be on time...I think I'd be lucky to see it in 12 weeks but we'll see.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I ordered my GT convertible on 6/11 and was told by the dealer they had allocation.

I got my VIN around two weeks ago, my car is scheduled to be built on Monday, and I would expect to have the car within three weeks. I'll be closer to ten weeks, but I kinda figured it would take that long so I'm not unhappy about it.

Good luck with your order!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Placed my order for a 2012, vert on May 27th, originally told by dealer 6 to 8 weeks. Was told that build week would be 7/18, then pushed to 8/1 with an eta of 8/13. Got the window sticker this morning, which indicates a build date of 8/5, was told that eta still remains the same at 8/13...some how I don't think it will be on time...I think I'd be lucky to see it in 12 weeks but we'll see.
ETA got pushed to 8/23...But got an email from my dealer today...My Stang is here!!!! Problem is I'm out to town and won't be able to take delivery till 8/25.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered mine Jan. 31 and picked it up April 29. Despite the fact that Michigan was under 3 feet of snow and there was no way I would of been able to drive it I didn't think it would ever get here.
I was just at the dealership on Monday getting my first oil change and check up and I'm still friends with everyone there and was talking about Mustangs and how hard it is for them to get and they have giving up being this late in the season for us but did say that Ford was running out of several parts,tires, and colors.
I hope you you get you Mustang soon, it's sooooo worth the wait.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice to hear you will have your car finally.

It's funny, I ordered our's one day before you (5/17) and I think it was really the 18th officially and we have had our car for over a month (received 7/15) and that was actually later than it was supposed to be. I think it really does depend on your dealer and how big they are. Our's is pretty big and was able to get the allocation for it and push it through.

You will love it!!!! Have fun!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts